Author Topic: render time / denoising  (Read 12036 times)

2013-03-28, 13:15:53

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I dont know if this is the right place for this...
Is there a way to get a less noise image in less time?.... any way, i think if i let this image run it woul take a lot to get with out of noise.

I used the rawalanche tip for animation to gess how much quantitiy of passes i need with a region, 150... and with the hole image it takes 2:30 hs to make 63 pases. around 6 hours..

Here i attach the image and the settings,

Cheers,

2013-03-28, 13:21:38
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Try to set embree tris to fast, secondary GI to HDcache, light samples multiplier to 4, ray depth to 10, and random sampler to 5D High-D + PRNG

2013-03-28, 13:40:14
Reply #2

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
launching test!

2013-03-28, 13:49:01
Reply #3

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
It is very strange that such a big time for the exterior, I have with such a processor is much smaller.
example (http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=508.0;attach=1916;image).
This work is in the Alpha 3
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-03-28, 13:52:21
Reply #4

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think that problem in his case is a lot of real refractive glass. Since balcony railings are made out of glass, he can not afford to use twosided glass there as it would not show correct refraction. Objects occluded by real glass are still a problem in Corona.

2013-03-28, 14:00:31
Reply #5

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Im running the test now

I think that problem in his case is a lot of real refractive glass. Since balcony railings are made out of glass, he can not afford to use twosided glass there as it would not show correct refraction. Objects occluded by real glass are still a problem in Corona.

Can I do something to twek this? Im using two sided glass becouse the glass was made by boxes (spline extruded on the case of the railings) and on the windows boxes (editable poly's)

cheers,

2013-03-28, 14:48:30
Reply #6

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Hi,

I dont know if this is the right place for this...
Is there a way to get a less noise image in less time?.... any way, i think if i let this image run it woul take a lot to get with out of noise.

I used the rawalanche tip for animation to gess how much quantitiy of passes i need with a region, 150... and with the hole image it takes 2:30 hs to make 63 pases. around 6 hours..

Here i attach the image and the settings,

Cheers,

It's not normal because 3 hours with a X990 i7 of that simple exterior scene is just not normal, you said you used box for windows, then change them to a single plane and try again, also remove the reflections on the grass material and see if it helps with the white dots.

i'm having the same noise problem in my exteriors scene and i thought it is only because of my old core2quad and using scatters and displacement...
« Last Edit: 2013-03-28, 14:50:08 by Chakib »

2013-03-28, 15:22:43
Reply #7

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi

Here i made a test with rawalanch settings, i dont think it make it better... almost 1:20 for 24 passes means 2:40 for 48....
I will try changing the glass geometry (this would change a lot my workflow) and try with some diferent materials...

any other thought about parameters to probe?

here i upload the image and settings

Cheers,

Could be the scatter change alone.....  I just figure it when i compare this last test with the one before... i didnt change nothing, only reopen and change render settings...

2013-03-28, 15:26:37
Reply #8

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hmm, i wonder if it isn't caused by opacity. Could you try to disable opacity maps on all of the materials? You can simply disable map input in CoronaMTL without needing to remove bitmap from the slot...

2013-03-28, 19:07:52
Reply #9

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
well i tried some things.

Like first i turn off everithing exept walls and terraing without grass...
the first attemp with the settings sugested by rawa

1- simple corona materila with out maps
2- corona material with difuse map (corona mix bitmap)
3- corona material with bump (texture bitmap)

i think the bump is wrong setted by me.. or it need's much more samples to clarify it.

Then I turned off the opcity i have it only on the trees.

here i use the same setting of rawa but change PT+PT (no PT+HD)
1- with out glasses
2- with glasses

In this two last examples the diference is minimal, i consider is not geometry or two sided refraction.

I think the opacity was the most influence on this "problem", anyway contine trying.

I will try rendering it about an 1:30 hs.

Cheers,

2013-03-28, 19:16:08
Reply #10

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Try turning off DOF.
I could help you and test your scene, if you had the opportunity to share the it.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-03-28, 19:37:39
Reply #11

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Try turning off DOF.

Will try

I could help you and test your scene, if you had the opportunity to share the it.

Thanks for it, but I see it dificult becouse it's a heavy file... around 360mb with textures and proxys maybe 450mb......

Cheers.

2013-03-28, 19:45:05
Reply #12

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
I think DoF should not make much difference, but my suspicion about opacity was probably correct. Opacity was always quite slow in corona, and followed by many problems. I think the basic mechanism of how opacity works needs to be re-thinked :)

2013-03-28, 19:47:57
Reply #13

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
By the way, could you try to render with trees, but without opacity maps enabled on the tree leaves? That could really help to track down if it is caused by geometry around, or opacity maps on that geometry ;)

2013-03-28, 19:55:10
Reply #14

patoaltaco

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi rawa the last two images are rendered with out opacity map on trees....

Cheers,