Author Topic: Vray USB Dongle Rendered  (Read 52443 times)

2013-08-13, 09:17:59
Reply #60

Inchiology

• Active Users
    • View Profile
OMG... o___O

some one please convince Keymaster to make this image an ambassador for the Renderer. Its very clever and challenges vray blatantly... He it got the attention of Sergio Meceres the Arch Viz Wiz :) (Owner of the actual vray dongle reference photo)

the render is awesome but not for commercials ( for me ), it's "just" a photorealistic render. not always a photorealistic render is the reference, for exemple I like much more the m&m's race image in the gallery. with this I think corona can make greats colorful render and compete with pixar renderman :))). sorry for the bad english

indeed the m&m render is amazing. I almost don't believe the render time :)

2013-08-13, 09:36:49
Reply #61

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think alexisliza is right....it doesnt feel commercial enough.  and i believe once corona is fully ready it should rather compete with the top dogs in the industry in this other from the best to the....vray :D
1, pixars render man. 2, dreamworks dream tracer. 3, arnold. 4, mental ray/iray. then 5, vray

2013-08-13, 10:12:32
Reply #62

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
but not photorealistic rendering - this is not a difficult task and can handle any rendering, even Scanline.
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-08-13, 10:36:51
Reply #63

Inchiology

• Active Users
    • View Profile
but not photorealistic rendering - this is not a difficult task and can handle any rendering, even Scanline.

Indeed...

2013-08-13, 10:44:58
Reply #64

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
i think alexisliza is right....it doesnt feel commercial enough.  and i believe once corona is fully ready it should rather compete with the top dogs in the industry in this other from the best to the....vray :D
1, pixars render man. 2, dreamworks dream tracer. 3, arnold. 4, mental ray/iray. then 5, vray

Not only you are very annoying person in general, but you are also quite wrong :P

2013-08-13, 11:41:19
Reply #65

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

1. Can't be compared, any renderman compliant requires quite a different workflow (to be effective with it) compared to vray/corona/arnold. It's a different world and it's all about approximation.

2. Even more different they build almost every tool for their pipeline for specific purposes...

3. anold is the one that should and could be beaten by corona IMHO.. But it'll take some time

4. this, in it's current state is no competition to any other renderer i guess. But hey, it's for "free"..

5. and vray.. well. might be viewed as competition now but to really compete with corona it would have to change from the get-go...

2013-08-13, 13:40:38
Reply #66

yagi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
lol at rawa... :p
when i lined them up in that order im not critisizing the renderer in particular but their possible preferences, interest and usages for product presentation, vfx, media in general etc to greater success. look into the market and u will see pixar has achieved the highest success rate with their renderer, producing top notch movies and animations every now and then...so is dreamworks and slowly catching up is disney. seen some mean ass arnold trailers(game n movies), alot of mental ray(about the most prefered in movies in my opinion) but havent seen vray(leaders in archviz at d moment). there are no licenses stopping vrays involvement, that i know of, in major theatrical visualisation/presentation other than archviz... except choice or budget which i doubt:)
its not the renderers capability squarely in discussion but the possibility of growing companies adopting the renderer into their pipeline to achieve the kind of career success the likes of pixar have. thats why i said n quote" when corona is fully ready". a promising example would the capybaras animation done on the front page....trully inspiring. more of that and corona mite be a sought after renderer for incoming companies of future prospect.
"i bilieve in coronas success rate is all i said and have said in a nutshell"
lacilaci-thanks for your analysis, it is noted
much respect to ondra and all the best.... peace

2013-08-13, 13:45:13
Reply #67

Polymax

• Active Users
  • CG Generalist
    • View Profile
    • maxkagirov.com
Kennyisimi did you read the latest Pixar theses about their renderer? They have a very conservative direction! And this is a huge minus!
Corona - the best rendering solution!

2013-08-13, 15:33:22
Reply #68

Inchiology

• Active Users
    • View Profile
lol at rawa... :p
when i lined them up in that order im not critisizing the renderer in particular but their possible preferences, interest and usages for product presentation, vfx, media in general etc to greater success. look into the market and u will see pixar has achieved the highest success rate with their renderer, producing top notch movies and animations every now and then...so is dreamworks and slowly catching up is disney. seen some mean ass arnold trailers(game n movies), alot of mental ray(about the most prefered in movies in my opinion) but havent seen vray(leaders in archviz at d moment). there are no licenses stopping vrays involvement, that i know of, in major theatrical visualisation/presentation other than archviz... except choice or budget which i doubt:)
its not the renderers capability squarely in discussion but the possibility of growing companies adopting the renderer into their pipeline to achieve the kind of career success the likes of pixar have. thats why i said n quote" when corona is fully ready". a promising example would the capybaras animation done on the front page....trully inspiring. more of that and corona mite be a sought after renderer for incoming companies of future prospect.
"i bilieve in coronas success rate is all i said and have said in a nutshell"
lacilaci-thanks for your analysis, it is noted
much respect to ondra and all the best.... peace

Disney? Pixar? ... ummm... lol

Vray is being used for more that Archvis....

2013-08-14, 11:37:15
Reply #69

alexisliza

• Active Users
  • yooohhh 3d
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
I say "just" because it's a very beautiful realistic render, but for me not interesting for a commercial use. Exemple: i know how difficult is make that and i say "wow! Amazing!", but a boss of an little advertising agency sometime don't know the work or not wery well, he might say : "ok this render engine can make realistic usb keys lol but how about a lots of trees for my architecture work? Maybe it's better purchase another render engine.."
It's just my opinion for this particular render, nothing more...similar of keymaster quote :

I might reconsider putting it on the frontpage, given the feedback it received. But in the meantime, are you sure you don't want to push it further, and put it in some bigger composition? ;)

I say renderman just for joke :)

baaaad english! Keep calm and enjoy corona render!

2013-08-14, 12:55:42
Reply #70

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I say "just" because it's a very beautiful realistic render, but for me not interesting for a commercial use. Exemple: i know how difficult is make that and i say "wow! Amazing!", but a boss of an little advertising agency sometime don't know the work or not wery well, he might say : "ok this render engine can make realistic usb keys lol but how about a lots of trees for my architecture work? Maybe it's better purchase another render engine.."
It's just my opinion for this particular render, nothing more...

Remember Corona is currently in ALPHA stage. And even on this level, it's already gained a lot of attention and is able to produce good renders that can compete against commercial products in terms of speed and/or accuracy. I think what you can surely say about Corona is that it has huge potential, that probably won't be wasted.

Also, you probably can't have a renderer that is good at everything. As for now, Corona is great for interior rendering or product visualizations but it lacks the ability to render complex animations in short time. But it's mainly because of the way it works and maybe it will never be changed, it's Keymaster's decision. ;)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-14, 13:08:02
Reply #71

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Vray is a nice example of a renderer that is reasonably good at everything ;)

2013-08-14, 13:09:57
Reply #72

alexisliza

• Active Users
  • yooohhh 3d
    • View Profile
    • Behance Portfolio
I totally agree with you Maru

2013-08-14, 13:47:16
Reply #73

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Vray is a nice example of a renderer that is reasonably good at everything ;)
Yes, but usually only if you use lots of biases and fakes. Or have a render farm.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-08-14, 14:15:29
Reply #74

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
As for now, Corona is great for interior rendering or product visualizations but it lacks the ability to render complex animations in short time.

VRays speed is mostly based on the fact that it just renders what is absolutely needed (reflection, refraction, shadow samples etc). And Vray has plenty of ways to optimize that to the limit.

Corona in contrast just shoots rays until the user decides to stop - that's why it totally sucks for Animation at the moment. The good thing is: You don't need to know anything about the tech behind corona to render nice images (which in a way is also true for Vray - all finalRender users know what I mean :D)

So unless Corona is really using all it's modern algorithms and stops doing unnecessary stuff when it does not add to the quality there is no way it can beat Vray in speed and usability for animation.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.