Author Topic: question for the post-prod gurus!  (Read 4404 times)

2015-02-03, 22:38:57

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
soory to bring back an old thread but I'm wondering something. I saved my renders in openEXR 32-bit and made my post work in photoshop with ArionFX. I want to put these images on my website but I noticed pretty much everybody have jpeg... Am i going to have to skip the 32-bits and ArionFX tonemapping for my internet stills? It would suck.

2015-02-03, 22:43:02
Reply #1

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi there

keep your workflow as it is.
At the end convert your 32 bit image to a 8 bit and make sure to use the EXPOSURE AND GAMMA method (default settings) in the "HDR toning" pop up window.

2015-02-03, 22:51:00
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
soory to bring back an old thread but I'm wondering something. I saved my renders in openEXR 32-bit and made my post work in photoshop with ArionFX. I want to put these images on my website but I noticed pretty much everybody have jpeg... Am i going to have to skip the 32-bits and ArionFX tonemapping for my internet stills? It would suck.

It's intermediate format. You're still supposed to output your post-produced final into common web file format like jpeg or png(8bit version). There is no visual difference (most people do have 8bit or 8bit + dithering monitors anyway, and only people with Quadro/FirePro with unlocked 10bit per channel ouput, and widegamut monitors allow for broader color pipeline), the .exr only allows to store more information (16-32bit per channel) in linear gamma for compositing purpose.
« Last Edit: 2015-02-03, 22:55:21 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-02-03, 23:36:32
Reply #3

philippelamoureux

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I recently started to save my corona renders in 32-bit openEXR to make my post-production with ArionFX for photoshop. My problem is my pictures are destined to my website...and afaik websites usually contain jpegs. I cannot save in jpeg, just tiff and some other formats.

Is it possible to put 32-bits tiff on website, I guess it's too heavy. I don't feel like abandoning my ArionFX and do my post in photoshop. :-(
I tried to change the 32 bit to 16 bit but it f**k everything related with ArionFX. Is there a special trick...

Thanks

2015-02-03, 23:48:00
Reply #4

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
You digged out the old thread 1 hour ago, got a reply but opened another thread.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,3860.msg46415.html#msg46415
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2015-02-03, 23:57:17
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I merged posts into one topic.
philippelamoureux, do not pollute forum anymore, please.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-02-10, 07:30:04
Reply #6

Black Sun

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I too find EXR abit limiting when having to save out to other formats in PS.
I have ditched EXR. Instead I save to HDR (radiance image) un-clamped, in Corona. Then you can use it in ArionFX.

2015-05-25, 04:38:02
Reply #7

siadebisi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi ;)
I got some question in working with HRDIs in Photoshop and didn´t wand to start a new thread for an "offtopic". I saw a video of Grant Warwick perfoming layer actions on an 32bit HDRI. When i open an HDRI nearly every option is grey and i can´t use it.

He uses a mask on an exposure- layer which i can´t create in 32bit. When i change to 16bit most of the colour information is missing :( The other option i have is to change the exposure without getting a layer, but in this case i can´t use a mask :(

Is there a workflow to fix this issue?

2015-05-26, 11:58:35
Reply #8

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Adobe CC is the answer. Lot of the options were unavailable in CS6, in case you're still using that.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-05-26, 12:30:03
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Funny but it looks like it can be done in CS4 but not in CS5.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us