Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

New displacement feedback

<< < (3/7) > >>

pokoy:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2015-07-18, 11:23:35 ---OMG, you're right. Disabled filtering and results totally rocks! New displacement needs so much less polygons to render same quality in comparison with old one, it's just ridiculous. Now if that RAM usage spike could be fixed...

BTW, what about CoronaDisplacementModifier? Can someone explain me why it's needed?

--- End quote ---

I guess it's to make displacement independent from materials so you can have different objects with different materials use one modifier for the same displacement map. Didn't test, but that's what I expect based on how it works in other renderers.

hubrobin:
Thanks for taking the time for testing and providing the valuable feedback! I will address the memory consumption as the first thing on Monday and I believe that I will be able to get rid of the most of the overhead. In terms of the result the algorithm provides it seems that we might be on a good way. I will elaborate on all the other stuff you came over once I have discussed them within the team on Monday.

Thanks again.

Chakib:
Yep, out of memory (pc freezes) here too with without even using a high subdiv value ( size  1 instead of 2 / 300subdv )

Continuity is very nice thanks a lot !

romullus:

--- Quote from: pokoy on 2015-07-18, 11:33:42 ---
--- Quote from: romullus on 2015-07-18, 11:23:35 ---OMG, you're right. Disabled filtering and results totally rocks! New displacement needs so much less polygons to render same quality in comparison with old one, it's just ridiculous. Now if that RAM usage spike could be fixed...

BTW, what about CoronaDisplacementModifier? Can someone explain me why it's needed?

--- End quote ---

I guess it's to make displacement independent from materials so you can have different objects with different materials use one modifier for the same displacement map. Didn't test, but that's what I expect based on how it works in other renderers.

--- End quote ---
Now it makes sense. Thank you!

Ondra:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2015-07-17, 21:11:58 ---
* it has issues with bercon noise.
--- End quote ---

Can you be more specific on this topic? Was it also caused by filtering?[/list]

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version