Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Is it possible to render objects out and layer them without black edges?

(1/4) > >>

Stof:
So I've been trying to find a way to render out objects in Corona but avoiding the black edges seen in the pictures below...

Is there a way to place an object above another object without having black edges?
(it's for compositing inside photoshop)

lupaz:
There's info about this in here. The problem seems to be Photoshop and not Corona.
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=35500.15

Stof:
I do see that but is there a way to make photoshop interpret the alpha correctly or?

The only solution I see in there is "use fusion instead" which is not an option...

Kalopsia:
It does work like it should in Photoshop but you need to be in 32bit. That is ust how a Matte works. Since the pixels on the edge are multiplied by the background color you need to perform this in linear space. If you do this in 16 or 8 bit, even inside AE or Fusion, it would give your the same problems.

The way of doing this in photoshop would just be to creat a new file in 32 bit and do the compositing of the Matte in there. You can work with a Smart object inside your 16bit editing file. I used to do this way back when we still worked with 32bit files in Photoshop.

In fact, if you oppen a 32bit exr in Photoshop that has the Alpha saved inside the same file, EXR IO will aply the alpha and you just need to add the backgroudn and save it.

lupaz:

--- Quote from: Kalopsia on 2022-12-28, 12:48:29 ---It does work like it should in Photoshop but you need to be in 32bit. That is ust how a Matte works. Since the pixels on the edge are multiplied by the background color you need to perform this in linear space. If you do this in 16 or 8 bit, even inside AE or Fusion, it would give your the same problems.

The way of doing this in photoshop would just be to creat a new file in 32 bit and do the compositing of the Matte in there. You can work with a Smart object inside your 16bit editing file. I used to do this way back when we still worked with 32bit files in Photoshop.

In fact, if you oppen a 32bit exr in Photoshop that has the Alpha saved inside the same file, EXR IO will aply the alpha and you just need to add the backgroudn and save it.

--- End quote ---

I tested this in Fusion with an 8bit image and it doesn't happen. You get a clean edge.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version