Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Feature Requests

Better volumetric Lighting - Haze beams

(1/1)

RichardDobell:
No matter how many times I've tried with Environments and it's shaders, I can never getting anything even close to a decent light beam cutting through haze. I have to set up an additional light in standard rendered and render out a new pass then compose in Photoshop.

Just a simple setting for fake volumetric lights would be great. Most of my work is for Live Events and haze and light beams go hand in hand with it...

Beanzvision:
Hi there, have you tried using C4D lights? The results may not be as realistic as Corona lights however, it may depend on the look you're after. If you wish to use Corona lights, you can try increasing the Lights Samples Multipler. It should speed up how they render to give a better quality but also it may slow down the overall render time. Sample render is 20 passes and the LSM increased to 10.

C4D Lights:

Some other ways to ''fake'' this can be seen in the article below.
https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/articles/4528591041553-How-to-use-volumetrics-in-Corona-for-Cinema-4D-

maru:
Another idea for "fake" volumetric lights: Corona Volume Mtl, assign to a mesh, enable "emission" (you do not have to enable any other options like absorption or scattering).
Sorry for 3ds Max screenshot, I think the same should be doable in C4D.

Beanzvision:
And another good way to fake it is to use the ''render spline'' tag with some opacity in the material. Very fast and very fake ;)

Cinemike:
Render Spline ... well, I never!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version