Author Topic: Scatter over displaced surfaces  (Read 1150 times)

2022-12-03, 00:17:07

Mac3DX

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,
I couldn't figure it out but that came to me, and I think there is no option for it. Is there a way to scatter over a displaced material?
As you can see, some of them get flying and others are hidden. For very small things that becomes a problem.

2022-12-03, 18:57:13
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Scattering over the displaced surface is not supported yet. If that feature is important to you, you can cast your vote here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=37064.0 the option is called "render-time displacement support".

For the moment the workaround is to convert displacement to geometry and use it for scattering. You can optimize/approximate converted geometry to reduce polygon count and make it invisible for the render. Displaced surface would be used for visual representation and optimized geometry for scattering. I hope that makes sense.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2022-12-03, 21:24:55
Reply #2

Mac3DX

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your reply, voted!
If you don't mind, how do you convert displacement to geometry in C4D? I don't remember to see that option available.

2022-12-03, 22:02:53
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Sorry, can't help you here, in 3ds Max we have displace modifier and also there's an option to export Corona scene to standalone, which would bake displacement to geometry. I have no clue if any of these is available in C4D.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures