Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Chaos Corona 10 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion

<< < (3/41) > >>

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: shortcirkuit on 2022-11-29, 22:19:06 ---hey guys - what does this mean exactly?
Corona now correctly resolves in which volume the camera lies. The camera can also be given a non-zero physical size, in which case the camera might lie only partially in one volume (e.g. camera half-submerged in water)

--- End quote ---
Hi,

I guess we need to work on making the changelog more human readable :)

It means you can now have a camera within a volume and the volume will render correctly. The example above would mean a camera inside the pool water for example. It can also be half in/out of the pool water and it will render correctly: https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/HUTtQF

Cheers!

pokoy:
Camera inside volumes -> thanks a lot for this. We had to wait for a while but it was worth it :D

Jens:

--- Quote from: rowmanns on 2022-11-29, 13:19:07 ---VDBs are already always mixed mixed together :)

--- End quote ---

Hmm, this isn't what I have experienced over the past couple of projects. I see a clear outline of the "box" container where two or more corona vol object containers (loaded cloud VDBs) intersect. Will do a ticket and include sample scene soon ;)

Jens:
Another one where some clarification would be nice ;)
"User can now set how volume (volume material, sky volume effect and volume grid) interact with alpha channel. + Semi-transparent volumetric effects now also contribute to alpha channel for rays not hitting anything"

Does this mean we can get something similar to the Vray environment Fog effect / Aerial Fog effect while still being able to use an HDRI?

Right now we are loving the corona sky fog option, but it's very frustrating and limiting not being able to use it with an HDRI. This is probably the only thing I really miss from vray.

rowmanns:

--- Quote from: Jens on 2022-11-30, 13:23:44 ---Another one where some clarification would be nice ;)
"User can now set how volume (volume material, sky volume effect and volume grid) interact with alpha channel. + Semi-transparent volumetric effects now also contribute to alpha channel for rays not hitting anything"

Does this mean we can get something similar to the Vray environment Fog effect / Aerial Fog effect while still being able to use an HDRI?

Right now we are loving the corona sky fog option, but it's very frustrating and limiting not being able to use it with an HDRI. This is probably the only thing I really miss from vray.

--- End quote ---
Hi,

That behaviour didn't change, right now the volume effect is only compatible with the CoronaSky.

Cheers,

Rowan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version