Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

v9 Corona Sun not always rendering (pos. driven by Xpresso from C4D phys sky)

<< < (2/4) > >>

Stefan-L:
the c4d sun tag doesn't provide fully correct sun positions,

only the the sun from c4d physical sky does give real useful data (that is  why many connect that via expresso)

Beanzvision:
Thanks Stefan, I appreciate the info ;)

Beanzvision:
To help us understand this ''visually'', could someone post a short of vid of this not working? Thanks in advance :)

d4l1:
TBH, never tried to simply add the Tag on the Corona Sun Object, but after a really quick test it looks like its working too :D
Was kind of proud about my first working XPresso tag so I may keep it a while ... but nice to know that there is a way simpler solution.

Recording a video is sadly not possible right now, but there may be other replies as well.

Stefan-L:
"To help us understand this ''visually'', could someone post a short of vid of this not working? Thanks in advance :) "

Please just believe it, i am c4d user since c4d 6.
the inaccuracy of the old and outdated c4d sun tag is a know fact among c4d users since 10+ years.
p.e. itc can fail/changes if PC clock isnt right, or with from pc to pc, it has incorrect positions for the locations, no saved city locations at all etc, so not usable for real archviz if you need correct and save sun positions. there is a reason maxon made the new sky many years ago.

on the other hand the physical sky provides very exact location data and is working reliable.

it woudl be better to find out why the expresso tag isnt working for the customer ( i cant reproduce any problem here so far, but we i assume edubs report is right, he is also a very experienced c4d user since many years)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version