Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] Resolved Feature Requests

Complex falloff

<< < (2/5) > >>

Studio Heisenberg:
Well, I think You can take benefit of Cinema 4D's interface and make it even more powerfull than in 3DS max with Cinema's layering sistem... It is really important for Fabric creation, and most of all for Layered materials as mask... And at the end there is so much excellent artist that discovered some awsome material workflows and sruff inside 3DS max and Corona, but we are not able to translate their workflow to Cinema 4D because of this difference....

4b4:
I'm "thirding this" - would help massively when doing metals as others have mentioned.

houska:
Alright, I understand now. So it's basically  two requests, right?

First one is better falloff shader with more options - here it would be ideal if you guys would tell us what features you would need the most, because we don't use Cinema on a day-to-day basis the same way as you do, so we cannot really tell what's important.

Second feature then would be complex fresnel equations? This is a change that would need to be done in the Corona Core, so it would probably take some time to implement.

Nejc Kilar:

--- Quote from: houska on 2017-05-10, 12:24:26 ---Alright, I understand now. So it's basically  two requests, right?

First one is better falloff shader with more options - here it would be ideal if you guys would tell us what features you would need the most, because we don't use Cinema on a day-to-day basis the same way as you do, so we cannot really tell what's important.

Second feature then would be complex fresnel equations? This is a change that would need to be done in the Corona Core, so it would probably take some time to implement.

--- End quote ---

What I would personally like is a 3ds max replica - You can define a type (perpendicular / parallel etc...), you have a mix curve with which you can blend the A and B color and then possibly an output curve where you can basically control the actual values with a curve.

If you guys could get that going... that would be sooo useful... wow! :)

Studio Heisenberg:

--- Quote from: houska on 2017-05-10, 12:24:26 ---Alright, I understand now. So it's basically  two requests, right?

--- End quote ---

Falloff shader is more important than second one, but it is nice to know it can be implemented later on. For the first one I agree that 3DS max method is really nice, and just to mimic that inside of Cinema 4D would be great! Thanks :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version