Author Topic: polyget - we are live! :-)  (Read 12699 times)

2017-11-30, 02:31:32
Reply #15

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad you got my point Johan. Also, I see they are only a 2 person team, not Evermotion....who knows how much time and sweat took them to do those models.
They will eventually see how sales go, and adjust accordingly. But, I am surprised how quickly everyone has smth to say about the price, instead of giving advice on the product itself.  Right?

Here is a bit of truth:

Price IS the product.

Nobody cares how much effort you put into your product, they will pay for how much benefit they can get, not how hard you worked.

The human brain is easy to trick, there are many ways to "lower" prices, without actually lowering prices.

Listen to initial reactions and don't be arrogant about opinions different than yours. If most people think your product is expensive, it is. Because perception is everything.

-

You have the great advantage on having created something that people want enough to be upset about the price.

Good luck

2017-11-30, 08:06:05
Reply #16

qbic-ft

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is an open(global) market....It doesn't matter if they are 2 guys or 200 they have to compete.
the price is important because they have a great product but it could stay in "it's great but I wouldn't buy it" and it's better that people comment on that rather than ..." oh, it's so cool"," Beautiful" or whatever calcification you want to post but still you don't want to pay for it.... you don't want to market your product to the target that needs that specific tree and quality for once in a while situation.....if the price is right/  promotion or whatever I would buy them even if I don't need them right away and I think this is the market for any 3d library especially for vegetation.

2017-11-30, 09:25:56
Reply #17

Lucutus

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • a+m
The price is quite high...thats true. On the other hand you have to see what are the values u get for the price.

Our company already ordered the whole bundle. The main reason where the animated trees and bushes.
With the actual discount i think its affordable.

I guess there is room in the market for a company like this and i whish them good luck.

And btw....some animated Fir trees would be nice ;)

greetz

Lucutus

2017-11-30, 13:51:39
Reply #18

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
Hi Daniel and Niklas,

thanks! I just bought your product.

cheers

Johan

2017-11-30, 13:53:04
Reply #19

polyget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Dear all,

We have received a lot of feedback, not only here, but in private messages as well.
Like in this thread, the main concern was the price.

We based the price on the bucket of sweat next to our desk, after 4 months of hard work. So pricing the products was based on assumptions, rather than research.
We have come to realize that our assumptions was way off. We are proud of our products, but we would rather like for all of you to have the satisfaction to work with these models, than being stubborn with a "We're right you're wrong"-sign in our hands :-)

We have adjusted the prices on our website, and hope you all will welcome them better. They have been adjusted to follow the already established market.

If any of you have gotten the impression that, with our prices or replies to this thread, we came out as arrogant we sincerely apologize for this, this was not our intention what so ever.

People who have already purchased will receive an email with an offer of compensation.

Thank you all for your feedback's, and participation in this thread. We deeply hope that you will still follow our journey from here on out. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel & Niklas
polyget

2017-12-01, 12:54:21
Reply #20

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
in the end, the "price is too high" messages make some sense. It is feedback to the seller. Seller has option to sell 100 licenses per 100€, or 10 licenses per 1000€. Getting feedback "the price is too high" is valuable for sellers. It just comes down to attitude - "the price is too high, nobody will buy it" vs "Price is too high, I cannot buy it". And "the price is high because of the value and invested time" vs "if price is too high for you, then you need to charge more".

I am hoping we will have cultured price discussion ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-12-01, 14:24:13
Reply #21

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
I commend Polyget for listening to the userbase. Its not easy to do a price reduction when you've put in so many hours into it but the idea here is that with the price reduction they'll actually be able to sell more. Thats a win-win if it happens.

I personally would like to see a free sample in the library, I find that to be very helpful in me determining if I buy a pack. That said, I think they did a great job with the 3D previews and all that so for someone like me who will find the product useful in pretty much any case its pretty much a done deal.

They also seem to be quick to respond and are very polite - thats always a big plus in my book.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-12-01, 15:18:04
Reply #22

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm glad more people jumped in the discussion and that you carefully listened and reacted to that. I'm quite confident that more users will try\buy your libraries and you will gain not only more profit but also satisfaction for the fact that people are using your product.

I do have some questions you can hopefully answer:

-How long does the sale prolong? Perhaps you could state this also on your website.

-Are you planning to provide other purchase options too? Paypal for instance would be nice :) Not everyone has a credit card.

- Is it possible to purchase a static + GrowFX version too?

Nearly there to get your collection :)

2017-12-01, 17:03:47
Reply #23

polyget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@nkilar
We are working on changes, that will result in a few changes to the site. One of them is making a sample available. Early next week :-)

@fellazb
The launch sale will run until tonight at 23.59 CET
We do have paypal in mind as an alternative payment option. But because of difficulties with our current setup, we wasn't able to implement it from the start. I cannot guarantee when it will be implemented, but we are working on it.
We have received several requests to do a static+growfx combo, we will look into making that available on Monday.

2017-12-01, 18:47:39
Reply #24

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@fellazb
The launch sale will run until tonight at 23.59 CET
We do have paypal in mind as an alternative payment option. But because of difficulties with our current setup, we wasn't able to implement it from the start. I cannot guarantee when it will be implemented, but we are working on it.
We have received several requests to do a static+growfx combo, we will look into making that available on Monday.

O.k cool. guess i have to wait a bit then. Too bad the sale runs out, but hey, you can't have it all yo.

Good luck with everything and hopefully you can add more items in the future.

2017-12-12, 19:43:55
Reply #25

polyget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all! :-)

We will be doing a series of alternative showcase animations.

The first one is a short walk down a familiar scene, we call it "Let's go for a walk"

Not a valid vimeo URL

Plants used: Lodgepole Pine tree, Ash tree and one of the grass variations.

We have now made a FREE SAMPLE available. You can download it here: www.polyget.com/free-sample

Throw us a like on Facebook, www.facebook.com/polyget  :-)

2017-12-13, 19:29:20
Reply #26

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Looking great and the free sample is really great. You guys listen to your customers and I for one really appreciate that. As soon as the projects needs it I'll be looking into your stuff.

Good job!
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2017-12-13, 23:32:41
Reply #27

Erald

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2017-12-14, 14:26:30
Reply #28

Hadi

• Active Users