Author Topic: Triptych  (Read 2197 times)

2017-02-10, 18:40:47

karlingermano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone!

These three related images are my latest work for my diploma thesis.

For modeling I used 3ds Max and Rhino with detailing in zBrush. Marvelous designer for fabric. Plant factory and Ivy generator for vegetation.
Of course Corona for rendering. It was extremely helpful to use Corona distance and Corona AO for detailing. And it is a pleasure to work with the light mix.
Also Ps for post prodoction.

Questions and comments are welcome!

I hope you like it! If so please follow my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/manokarlinger/

2017-02-10, 23:51:13
Reply #1

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I think they look very well executed. Great color schemes and some very interested designs I see. The dented bowls with the stones are spot on!

On the second pic perhaps the stone floor could be more natural colored, more greyish perhaps. Overall the detailing\finishing of the walls are impressive. Well done.
« Last Edit: 2017-02-10, 23:54:37 by fellazb »

2017-02-11, 00:18:00
Reply #2

karlingermano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I think they look very well executed. Great color schemes and some very interested designs I see. The dented bowls with the stones are spot on!

On the second pic perhaps the stone floor could be more natural colored, more greyish perhaps. Overall the detailing\finishing of the walls are impressive. Well done.

Thank you very much!
The color schemes were a very important aspect of the images (so the carefully selected furniture) as they were created for trend forecasting reports.
The vases with stones are designed by a basque designer/potter, Martín Azúa. It was great fun modeling that part.
I created the wall textures in Ps from scratch, basically they were built from solid color adjustment layers masked with dirtmaps in a quite high resolution.

I agree with you concerning the floor I guess I was tempted by the overall mood that could have led to the less natural color.

2017-02-11, 00:30:33
Reply #3

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for sharing the designer.

http://www.martinazua.com/product/vase-with-alive-stone/

Always a treat when getting inspired.