Author Topic: Winter Apartment  (Read 2872 times)

2013-11-28, 17:18:29

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
After playing around a bit with Corona for a while I have found that it is basically super easy and super intuitive to use! I love the simple settings and the amazing results that this renderer provides. It is (almost) a one click procedure after having set up your scene and materials. That being said, materials are really simple and I think that if you have worked with Vray before, the material interface will look extremely familiar and you will wonder where this engine has been your entire life. I did! Anyway, here is a test project I did with the Corona renderer. It is three rooms in a winter apartment! Absolutely impressed with the Corona developer managing this (mostly?) on his own.

Dining room

Bedroom

Kitchen

Regarding the render times, I think they are really damn great. Most images required about an hour of rendering in order to clean up to an acceptable level. The only reason the kitchen spend 8 hours is because I left it overnight! Aside from all of this I have a couple of pros and cons for this renderer, but I’m sure the developer is aware of them already!

• Multitextures! I have used them in these shots, but I’m pretty sure it is only using one image. Not entirely though.
  • SSS for fruits and organic tissue. Translucency works amazing for curtains (I know SSS is being developed right now)

Other than that Corona works really well for what I need to do in my 3D work and I am certainly switching to Corona and both Vray, Maxwell and Octane are dead to me right now! Keep the good work up, Keymaster!
« Last Edit: 2014-06-10, 11:26:33 by headoff »

2013-11-28, 17:55:02
Reply #1

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Amazing mood, i like 3rd image most .

BTW, first thing i noticed is that pre-facelift e46 on photos without m-sport package :))
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2013-11-28, 18:12:32
Reply #2

Sportler

• Active Users
  • Corona, yay!
    • View Profile
    • Carl Findahl
Haha, yeah :p
It has got some pretty hefty upgrades regarding the engine and interior though. And the speaker system! Thanks for the feedback, though!