Author Topic: backburner - possible error with licencing, not sure  (Read 585 times)

2023-09-22, 11:14:37

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Hi, Im having issues with getting my rendernode working through backburner, and i'm hoping it's an easy fix:

The backburner manager is on my workstation and is giving me errors when the node starts picking up a job:

see attached "manager"

They're both (workstation + rendernode) connected to backburner, no issues to "connect":
see attached "submitting"

However, the node's server is reporting the following when trying to boot the render process:
A bunch of missing dll's from corona followed with a could not read/write to type message...
see attached "node-server"

Both the workstation and rendernode are connected to a NAS through a router which I assume assigns and handles the IP. This is a pretty straightforward process in the past and has always worked, it sets itself up automaticaly. I'm also assuming it's set up correctly because they're actualy connected and I can see them both in the backburner monitor, so I have no reason to think it's IP or v4 / v6 related...

I installed the corona render-NODE version and did the chaos licencing application, seems to work fine I reckon.

Any input appreciated.

Btw when using the workstation as a backburner server with the "normal" corona licence, it renders fine as a "node".

2023-09-22, 12:36:17
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Hi,

at a first glance this looks to me as if the beast does not load Corona at all, or any old version. Can you post the max.log of the rendernode as well?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-09-22, 12:44:33
Reply #2

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW

2023-09-22, 12:52:16
Reply #4

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
here you go, not sure this says anything more

2023-09-22, 13:30:38
Reply #5

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
It's a proof that Corona did not load at all. And at the end of the log (starting at 12:45:36) you can see a failed spawn attempt of the CoronaDRServer and a quite unambiguous line:

2023/09/22 12:45:59 INF: [14196] [25392] SYSTEM: Production renderer is changed to Missing Renderer. Previous messages are cleared.

I installed the corona render-NODE version

Not sure what you mean here. Could it be that you only installed DrServer accidentally? DrServer is just a "spawner" that launches and controls Max. You need a Max with fully installed Corona for that version to use it as render node - no matter if using BB or DrServer or any other client/server setup. You'd have to tick "3ds Max 2023" if you do a custom install. Reinstalling with the correct options should solve it.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-09-22, 13:31:12
Reply #6

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
Reinstalled the whole thing top to bottom (corona and chaos licence server) - Works now -_-

2023-09-22, 16:42:28
Reply #7

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
It is a typical experience for me in case of Backburner errors:
- Uninstall Corona, reinstall Corona
- Reboot the PC
- Uninstall Backburner, reinstall Backburner
- Reboot the PC
- Now everything works

Backburner also has its own equivalent of the 3ds Max ENU folder, which you sometimes may want to rebuild: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Reset-Backburner-user-settings-to-default.html
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us