Author Topic: Script for saving sequence from interactive preview  (Read 2194 times)

2021-10-13, 11:25:21

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be great to have a script that could save an animation sequence out of Interactive Corona Frame Buffer Preview.

2021-10-14, 18:13:40
Reply #1

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
What would be different to production rendering and lower settings? Or screen recording in case of free navigation?

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-10-15, 05:04:07
Reply #2

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What would be different to production rendering and lower settings? Or screen recording in case of free navigation?

Good Luck

I am getting somehow much lower parsing times than normally, thats one thing (not sure if this would be the cause with more than one frame preview tough).

Another would be a really fast animation preview using "fast preview denoise" - is there a way to turn this on when rendering frame sequences? If not this is the reason why. I am getting decent image preview after 10 - 20 seconds, ideal for rough animation.

How a screen recording would do me good here? I cant set it for multiple frames with Corona render?

EDIT - also saving time on "denoising each frame", because the fast preview denoise does that automatically.
« Last Edit: 2021-10-15, 07:01:53 by Jak »

2021-10-15, 09:40:48
Reply #3

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
I am getting somehow much lower parsing times than normally, thats one thing (not sure if this would be the cause with more than one frame preview tough).

This may be caused by different embree settings for IR and production rendering. But usually you get more rays/s when using the production acceleration structure. There are scenes (only few instances, large meshes) which are awfully slow using IR compared to production, so it depends on the scene.

Another would be a really fast animation preview using "fast preview denoise" - is there a way to turn this on when rendering frame sequences? If not this is the reason why. I am getting decent image preview after 10 - 20 seconds, ideal for rough animation.

The "Fast preview denoise" is the same as choosing "NVIDIA GPU AI" in Render Setup -> Scene -> Denoising -> Denoising Mode. So yes, you can use it for a frame sequence.

How a screen recording would do me good here? I cant set it for multiple frames with Corona render?

Yes, you cannot. That's why I wrote "in case of free navigation" (sometimes I use IR + screen recorder + 3D mouse to record the state of a model).

So it seems what remains is that you would like to use IR because of lower parsing times. Would be helpful to see a comparison from one of your scenes regarding parsing + rendering (the "Stats" tab from Corona VFB) for example an HD image with 10 passes respectively with comparable noise/noise level (10 passes IR do not equal 10 passes production regarding quality). I don't expect any large difference if you set production render settings low enough (this is what's happening when starting IR internally as well for a few values).

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-10-17, 09:27:25
Reply #4

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile

This may be caused by different embree settings for IR and production rendering. But usually you get more rays/s when using the production acceleration structure. There are scenes (only few instances, large meshes) which are awfully slow using IR compared to production, so it depends on the scene.

The "Fast preview denoise" is the same as choosing "NVIDIA GPU AI" in Render Setup -> Scene -> Denoising -> Denoising Mode. So yes, you can use it for a frame sequence.

Yes, you cannot. That's why I wrote "in case of free navigation" (sometimes I use IR + screen recorder + 3D mouse to record the state of a model).

So it seems what remains is that you would like to use IR because of lower parsing times. Would be helpful to see a comparison from one of your scenes regarding parsing + rendering (the "Stats" tab from Corona VFB) for example an HD image with 10 passes respectively with comparable noise/noise level (10 passes IR do not equal 10 passes production regarding quality). I don't expect any large difference if you set production render settings low enough (this is what's happening when starting IR internally as well for a few values).

Good Luck

Alrighty, thank you for your time and info, the Nvidia denoiser was what I was after, after all.

Cheers!