Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

CoronaDecals playground!

(1/21) > >>

Aram Avetisyan:
Corona Renderer 8 Oct-12 daily build comes with new CoronaDecals!
https://www.dropbox.com/s/26uk33cs6yufcur/corona-8-3dsmax-daily-2021-10-12.exe?dl=1
They can be found in Create > Geometry > Corona subtype menu.
You create CoronaDecal, assign a material with or without opacity to it and it will project on all surfaces intersecting its bounding-box.
There is a quickstart scene attached (Max 2019).
Give it a go and share your results here!

aaouviz:
Not bad. Just gave it a shot. A nice quick way to avoid CoronaLayeredMaterial I guess...

One constraint I see is that when I gave it displacement (so it's popping out from the base surface) the base materials displacement is lost. In the same way as only 1 displacement is supported on Layered Material. I'm sure you're well aware of this.

Hope I can put it to good use...!

romullus:

--- Quote from: aaouviz on 2021-10-13, 18:14:22 ---One constraint I see is that when I gave it displacement (so it's popping out from the base surface) the base materials displacement is lost. In the same way as only 1 displacement is supported on Layered Material. I'm sure you're well aware of this.

--- End quote ---

In many cases this is desirable effect (you don't want that asphalt displacement would mix with manhole displacement, right?). An request for option to override some maps and at the same time retain others, is already requested and logged by the team for consideration.

marchik:
Yep, I tested everything well again, the fact that the displacements does not mix together removes half of the use cases, I am a little disappointed with that.

A logical option would be when the base layer displacement is ignored only at the place where the decal is overlaid, or giving some options like Only A, Only B, A+B

aaouviz:

--- Quote from: marchik on 2021-10-14, 02:43:32 ---Yep, I tested everything well again, the fact that the displacements does not mix together removes half of the use cases, I am a little disappointed with that.

A logical option would be when the base layer displacement is ignored only at the place where the decal is overlaid, or giving some options like Only A, Only B, A+B

--- End quote ---
\

+1

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version