Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] General Discussion

Image size is different from Render settings

(1/2) > >>

Mettigel Hawaii:
Hi,

I was trying to get an A2 image, so I chose 59,4cm*42cm in the render settings when I startet my cinema scene. At first I had 70dpi for testing, before I did the final render I changed to 200dpi. I saved my image as PNG but somehow it came out about double the size I wanted it to be and I had to scale my render to fit it into my presentation layout.
Does somebody know what I did wrong there?

Best regards, Mettigel Hawai

burnin:
Just got a bit confused... NP, a beginer's mistake.
Simply understand & don't 'mentally' mix mediums (its resolutions and other physical properties).
dpi (dots per inch) / term used in 2D printing where density, detail is dynamic.
ppi (pixels per inch) / term for display resolutions where density, detail is static and constant.

Mettigel Hawaii:
I don't know which settings caused the larger image, thats why I pointed out what I changed in the settings, which was dpi, since I thought that dpi changes lead to higher quality in for my final render image.

burnin:
As you can observe under Render Settings/Output when you use 'Print' presets, then change dpi below it it shows how your rendered image res./ size changes (in pixels) while "Print size stays static" (cm)... so again, their UI terminology is a bit misleading, causing confusion.  ;)

Philw:

--- Quote from: Mettigel Hawaii on 2021-08-01, 14:05:06 ---I don't know which settings caused the larger image, thats why I pointed out what I changed in the settings, which was dpi, since I thought that dpi changes lead to higher quality in for my final render image.

--- End quote ---

Guessing you are aiming for a final print 100% size of 200dpi - you only need to worry about the final pixel count as per @burnin - ignore the dpi - I always aim for 300dpi because I'm old. You can always just use an online calculator too to give you the pixels you need https://www.omnicalculator.com/other/pixels-to-print-size

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version