Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

The new Corona Converter feedback thread

<< < (24/36) > >>

Cheesemsmsm:

--- Quote from: Frood on 2021-09-30, 08:46:47 ---
--- Quote from: Cheesemsmsm on 2021-09-30, 06:58:03 ---Please bring back the old converter (convert to Legacy Material) as an option.

--- End quote ---

I've been fighting for this unsuccessfully during v7 dailies. But you can do it manually:

* get a Corona v6 installer
* use the "unpack files" option and extract the files somewhere
* go to "Autodesk\3ds Max [xxxx]>\scripts\CoronaRenderer (the Max version does not matter, it's the same script for all)
* copy "coronaConverter_v1.45.ms" to <3ds Max directory>\scripts\CoronaRenderer\
You can start it manually from there, or use the attached button/script for convenience. Result: if you press the converter button of the official toolbar, you get the current converter. If you press the button of the script, you launch the old one. You can have both side by side.

Good Luck

Edit: attention, this is not a supported scenario. It is not assured that the old converter will work in future Corona versions. And it should be considered as a temporary workaround anyway.

--- End quote ---

Thank you Frood, for the solution and the fighting :D
It works perfectly.

I hope this will be reconsidered.

romullus:
I don't like how the new converter manipulates IOR when converting from standard max materials. I think there's no way to match the look of standard materials, nor there's a need for that. In the end i have to reset each converted material's IOR back to default and i would be more than happy if i could avoid this step.

tallbox:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2021-10-04, 11:52:32 ---I don't like how the new converter manipulates IOR when converting from standard max materials. I think there's no way to match the look of standard materials, nor there's a need for that. In the end i have to reset each converted material's IOR back to default and i would be more than happy if i could avoid this step.

--- End quote ---
+1

Otuama:
Hi all.

We're working on a few jobs done in Corona 6.

We now have Corona 7 and have noticed that the converter is not only converting Vray materials but is also converting Corona materials (now legacy) into physical materials.

This is changing the look of our scenes and is becoming a bit of a nightmare.

Is there a way to convert ONLY Vray materials?

Thanks

romullus:
Not directly, but converter has an option to convert materials from selected objects only, so if you can select all the objects that has Vray materials (maybe by script?), you could convert them to Corona physical.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version