Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Daily Builds

Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion

<< < (125/125)

romullus:
I never tried color edge plugin, but you can get the same, or even more complex result with the standard tools of 3ds Max, namely face mapping and gradient ramp.

bud85:

--- Quote from: romullus on 2021-07-20, 11:16:37 ---I never tried color edge plugin, but you can get the same, or even more complex result with the standard tools of 3ds Max, namely face mapping and gradient ramp.

--- End quote ---
it will be usefull for me in this work.

ONO:

--- Quote from: Ondra on 2021-07-16, 14:04:16 ---
--- Quote from: pokoy on 2021-07-15, 20:08:35 ---
Just to add to the 'mapping should look identical years later', something interesting happened to me recently.
I rendered some initial images for a client. Quite a few materials used noise maps for different material properties. Then, my son wanted to install minecraft on my workstation, I hesitated but finally agreed - I knew I was asking for trouble and I got what I deserved.
The next time I rendered the same images - exactly the same file - all noises had a different look, like their seed has changed. ALL of them.
It wasn't too critical since it wasn't a final. But whatever caused it, must have been caused by installing other software on the machine, Max and Corona were not touched in any way.

--- End quote ---
Max noise is horrible and uses rand() feature
rand() is horrible by design and should not be used
Old Microsoft C++ implementations were horrible and it is not entirely out of question that the installer installed over the redistributables with another version that had different implementation of rand()

--- End quote ---
Since the 3dMax noise map is bad. Should we be expecting a Corona Noise Map in V8?

romullus:
There's already plenty of noise map implementations in 3ds max, siger noise (free), osl noise in recent max versions, to name a few. I think it would be better if we let Corona team to concentrate their attention on things that are missing.

Kris H:

--- Quote from: shortcirkuit on 2021-05-18, 04:39:51 ---Hey Devs,

Can i please make a relatively simple request if it isnt possible already?  So when creating proxies using built in script, when there is existing proxy files, it asks only to overrite - is it possible to add a function to 'use existing' from within that folder? 
If not can this somehow be added?  would be super helpful

--- End quote ---

Hey,

Could you please provide us some more info about your idea? :)

Thank you in advance,
Kris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version