General Category > Off-Topic

Funny maxwell forum thread

(1/4) > >>

Ondra:
Hi guys,
does anyone have an active account on the maxwell forum and can tell this guy: http://maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=40531#p377216 to maybe not post 2 year old UI screenshots from Corona as a proof that Corona sucks ass? ;)

Juraj:
You don't want to fight on foreign front. That thread is downright idiotic, just as cru of Maxwell forum has always been. Well, not every forum can be ChaosGroup like...
I am dissapointed seeing Bernard Brosdau (Tora) doing such ill-concieved comparison (being held victim of default settings by such a prominent and intelligent user like him), but whatever, fanboys will always use odd arguments to validate their position.

Lol at the stance of the moderator/team member. I think I was the only person who left the room in Venice when the spaniard with bad english started his one hour long journey about "We are Maxwell..the very best of the world, customers love us, look at our doge features". Matter of fact, I really like Maxwell to some point but really, they go so wrong about it. Just browse the forum...it's nightmare that rivals the (deleted one :- D) forum of FryRender.

"I also see the irony in the interiors tutorial that next limit posted , that's just a user introducing bias albeit in a limited fashion." [Quote photomg1]
Actually I scratched my head so much seeing that absurdity, just check yourself everyone: http://support.nextlimit.com/display/tuts/Photography+techniques+to+speed-up+interior+renders

"Use extremely precise renderer, do idiotic setup to speed it up to achieve non-realistic results anyway"

I'll do my own comparison of Corona, Vray3,Maxwell3 and iRay around May/June regarding the quality of shading/GI only (because I am not really interested in else).

photomg1:
All I'm going to say is please hurry up and get a modo plug in going. I would love to try Corona ……  : )

I've payed for maxwell so felt I had every right to give my point of view, although I don't think I've helped my popularity on those forums though  ….  ahhh well

Ondra:
Juraj: yes, that tutorial is indeed funny. About fighting the battles, there is a ton of threads on other renderer/software forums about corona, and yes, there will always be fanboys, and there will always be people with their workflow, afraid of change, defending doing everything exactly the same way for years. But this is different, passing off 2 year old state as current state of Corona is just a low blow, and until somebody corrects his lie, it will hurt corona by scaring away new users.

Ludvik Koutny:
By the way, right now when i am writing this, Maxwell forum has just one member more than Corona forum, should not take more than a few minutes to beat them. Congratulations to Corona for having more forum members than Maxwell forum had since Maxwell started :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version