Author Topic: Travelling Essentials  (Read 12327 times)

2015-12-14, 14:13:22

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I am posting this work on behalf of my girlfriend Veronika. I did very little help in lighting this piece but this is her spare time project done over few hours for past days.
With exception of Zenit camera (courtesy of 3dSky) she did all the designer objects herself. This started when client asked as to model the boots for current commercial project. She added few more :- )

The work is also on Behance : https://www.behance.net/gallery/32084935/Travelling-essential

To watch Veronika's latest artworks but also her fitness booty, if that's the kind of thing you are into :- ) Watch her instg:
https://www.instagram.com/vero_ni__/

(This is 2560px downscaled from 6000px original. Yes, there are some mistakes that surfaced after render but maybe in future, note: Always add scratches to models you haven't done yourself, never enough turbosmooth, go crazy)

« Last Edit: 2015-12-14, 15:02:39 by Juraj_Talcik »
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-12-14, 14:36:57
Reply #1

zchen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • webfolio
Beautiful. Love the lighting in this.

Did she unwrap the bag for texturing, or are the stitch lines actual geometry?

EDIT: Nvm, just looked closely at the wires :)

2015-12-14, 14:38:25
Reply #2

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Pss, but don't tell anybody: It's box mapping pand stitches are actual geometry (splines mapped with opacity). Tricky and cheap...
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2015-12-14, 15:03:29
Reply #3

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Damn these are excellent in every aspect. That leather mat is immense. Congrats to you both.

2015-12-14, 15:06:37
Reply #4

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Test rendering for that leather :- ) The great bump texture, the credit goes to SigerShaders.

In ideal world, one would mix it with noise to get flatter areas but again, this started as commercial boots that would be visible in 2perc. !! of image :- D [Furniture renderings ]

2015-12-14, 15:20:54
Reply #5

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some terrific modelling - I can't believe they had to be modeled for such a small feature in the image! There is no way I could model boots like that, never mind having to do them in addition to the rest of the image. She has a rare talent in a field dominated by men.

I hope Sigar does those shaders for the C4D version some day. Or even better (he?) does them for Corona if gets its own material editor that works cross platform like maxwell did way back when (not looked at it for years).

2015-12-14, 15:26:20
Reply #6

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
We allow clients some limited amount of bespoke assets so the images don't have generic feeling. Two or three max per image :- ) But depends on budget.

Actually, to not waste time, we also searched for similar boots or some to start with but didn't find anything. All the available collections (like Evermotion..3DsKY,etc..) provided very generic, ugly models. I have no idea why these outfits create so much stuff when few high-quality, high-styled models would be much better. Just like DesignConnected, but too bad they only do furniture :- )

2015-12-14, 16:22:48
Reply #7

zchen

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • webfolio

Pss, but don't tell anybody: It's box mapping pand stitches are actual geometry (splines mapped with opacity). Tricky and cheap...

Yea I'd guessed box mapping. But the spline with opacity is actually pretty smart! wouldn't have though of that

2015-12-14, 17:13:24
Reply #8

ylucic

• Active Users
    • View Profile
beautiful :) ..
the only thing I noticed is some loss of "contact shadows", in the color render I get the sensation of some floating objects (pencils, keys, wristwatch strap). I guess its from the warm light opposite from the overall blueish one. Maybe just a tiiiiiny bit of AO pass in photoshop will help.

Also I have that Zenith camera with that lens xd ..the camera and lens black material are a little bit less glossy in my opinion.

anyhow, the color palette its beautiful!
Industrial Designer
SCL

2015-12-14, 18:57:02
Reply #9

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website

Pss, but don't tell anybody: It's box mapping and stitches are actual geometry (splines mapped with opacity). Tricky and cheap...

Yea I'd guessed box mapping. But the spline with opacity is actually pretty smart! wouldn't have though of that

Me neither. I think Veronika saw it in some tutorial, but none of us remember where.

Also I have that Zenith camera with that lens xd ..the camera and lens black material are a little bit less glossy in my opinion.

The camera unfortunately wasn't touched much, that's how it's from 3dSky but minor adjustments. We both have the philosophy to let certain mistakes go by, otherwise one would forever return to single work, better to just move on.

It definitely needs proper material with micro structure and some smudges.

I am suprised how many people commented they have that camera :- ) We've no idea what it was, just pretty model from 3dSky.

« Last Edit: 2015-12-14, 19:00:43 by Juraj_Talcik »

2015-12-14, 19:26:20
Reply #10

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow... That's some really high quality stuff.. I noticed the caustics on the watch... Was it rendered at msi 0 or was it clipped?

2015-12-14, 19:33:04
Reply #11

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Wow... That's some really high quality stuff.. I noticed the caustics on the watch... Was it rendered at msi 0 or was it clipped?

I am surprised it's there. This was actually rendered with MSI of 10 I think...(lowering it from 20 didn't create any visual difference but boy, did it help massively with speckles. ). This is the kind of scene where lighting is so intensive that while whole render would be noise-free after 10 minutes, specles would manifest for whole another day.

Now I am kind of curious what would MSI-0 bring out on those watches, and if more reflective caustics would surface out.

2015-12-14, 19:36:06
Reply #12

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I am suprised how many people commented they have that camera :- ) We've no idea what it was, just pretty model from 3dSky.

Every other people from former Soviet union has or had that camera. Me too :] Inherited it from my Dad. Only my lens is quite cheaper.

BTW, i don't like how outer edge of wristwatch blends with background - it makes watch itself to look somehow blocky. Other than that, everything looks perfect.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2015-12-14, 19:40:23
Reply #13

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
heh, using that cameras I see was a trap :- ) we'll open some old stuff and model one too next time. Could be perfect way to test Quixel suite.

2015-12-14, 20:58:49
Reply #14

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Every other people from former Soviet union has or had that camera. Me too :] Inherited it from my Dad.
Same here.

About watch and caustics - these are reflective caustics. They should usually render pretty fast. Refractive ones - that's a different story. ;)
« Last Edit: 2015-12-15, 09:30:47 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us