Author Topic: CoronaCameraMod + photographic exposure + photometric emission units  (Read 53183 times)

2013-09-09, 19:46:45
Reply #30

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ondra, can you add please in CoronaCameraMod support for setting white balance?
It's not very comfortable to make it globally in settings, sometimes different settings of WB needs for the same scene , so it's more comfortable to change it via camera :)

+1 for me.

Btw, very good news, so useful for me!!!
I'm dreaming about vertical and horizontal camera shift, may I ask this for Christmas? ;)

You very simply just add camera correction modifier on top of corona camera modifier
The camera correction modifier is not lens shift, though. And it's shit. There's that too. :)

2013-09-09, 20:24:38
Reply #31

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
It's not very comfortable to make it globally in settings, sometimes different settings of WB needs for the same scene , so it's more comfortable to change it via camera :)

+1 for me.

I'm dreaming about vertical and horizontal camera shift, may I ask this for Christmas? ;)

You very simply just add camera correction modifier on top of corona camera modifier
The camera correction modifier is not lens shift, though. And it's shit. There's that too. :)

I do not see it behaving any different than the one in Vray camera...

2013-09-09, 21:27:07
Reply #32

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I do not see it behaving any different than the one in Vray camera...
V-Ray's camera has two different methods. They've got the "guess from rotation" method, which is bad and you shouldn't use, and they've got an actual shift as well. The built-in camera corrector only has rotation correction I believe.

2013-09-09, 21:45:02
Reply #33

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
If you need it now (no matter if it's going to be implemented or not) you can use a skew or ffd modifier for that specific effect.
Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-09-09, 22:14:01
Reply #34

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Oh, that's not shift, that is offset. I have honestly never ever used that. On the other hand, i use shift in VrayCamera and Camera Correction modifier on non-Vray cameras quite often. And i bet i am not the only one. Workflows of Modo and 3ds Max community probably differ a bit, and i believe if Modo guys had an one-click solution to make their vertical lines aligned, many of them would not resist the temptation. Even if it may not be technically right solution ;)

2013-09-10, 10:02:34
Reply #35

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl

+1 for me.

Camera correction modifier is not exactly a shift (it change the perspective), and it run just vertically.

Edit: we often need to offset the camera view when we create images for catalogs. In photography, a lot of studios work with this kind of technique and often our client ask us to work in this way. Now, the only way to do it is to have a larger view and render a region, but it means a lot of lost boring time...
« Last Edit: 2013-09-10, 10:07:44 by Alessandro »
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-09-10, 19:52:43
Reply #36

ondrike

• Active Users
    • View Profile
omg omg omg !!! when will be Corona A6 released? I´ve already use corona for commercial jobs, but I´m outdated :/
Corona brought joy to sad world of 3Ds Max :)

2013-09-10, 20:02:59
Reply #37

racoonart

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • racoon-artworks
Now, the only way to do it is to have a larger view and render a region, but it means a lot of lost boring time...

If you need it now (no matter if it's going to be implemented or not) you can use a skew or ffd modifier for that specific effect.

Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature.

2013-09-10, 20:20:14
Reply #38

Captain Obvious

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, that's not shift, that is offset. I have honestly never ever used that. On the other hand, i use shift in VrayCamera and Camera Correction modifier on non-Vray cameras quite often. And i bet i am not the only one. Workflows of Modo and 3ds Max community probably differ a bit, and i believe if Modo guys had an one-click solution to make their vertical lines aligned, many of them would not resist the temptation. Even if it may not be technically right solution ;)
I sometimes need to make things compatible with other render engines. The method for "correcting" verticals in 3ds Max actually zooms out! and I haven't been able to accurately reproduce the effect in other software. So if I need to composite my render with something rendered in, say, Maxwell or modo, then I have to have correct film offset.

Also, the lenses I usually work with are real shift lenses, which work like the "offset" setting in V-Ray, not like the "correction" modifier.

2013-09-11, 12:04:58
Reply #39

Alessandro

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • DotLab Srl
Capitain, fully agree.
DeadClown, thanks for your suggest, but as Capitain said, these are corrections that change the perspective, they doesn't work as a real shifted camera.
My Ducati or a render with Corona.....mmm, hard question!

2013-09-14, 12:36:15
Reply #40

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good Morning

How you get the orthographic projection with Corona?

Thanks
Raf

2013-09-14, 18:37:30
Reply #41

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
what version are you using? It works fine here. If it is broken in the latest one, please post a scene
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-14, 21:14:58
Reply #42

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra,
unfortunately I'm using version 5 June

Surely in the latest version there have been major developments!

Thanks
Raf

2013-09-14, 22:03:26
Reply #43

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, it wasnt implemented back then
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-09-14, 23:15:33
Reply #44

rafpug

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Ondra

I've only tried yesterday to do a rendering orthogonal projection!

This test is based on the v.5 June