Author Topic: Among the hills (contemporary villa interior)  (Read 3993 times)

2019-05-07, 12:51:11

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Hello everyone,

After some time I've got another set of cg imagery to share with you..
Once again created in order to promote poliigon and their freshly uploaded rug models:)

This time its an interior of a contemporary villa located in some solitude mountain environment,
designed with daylight and openess as two main attributes of the space..
This helped to maintain a nice balance between the indoor and outdoor area..

I hope I'll have time to render out some exterior views as well in the near future..

Once again, thank you for your time and I'd be interested to hear you opinion on these,

If you like my work, please feel free to follow me on my behance for some more projects:

https://www.behance.net/gallery/79891225/Among-the-hills

Thanks for watching,

David

« Last Edit: 2019-05-19, 22:55:12 by David Males »

2019-05-18, 12:33:04
Reply #1

Buzzz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome David!

Nice light more natural and good materials!!!

Regards

2019-05-18, 14:29:39
Reply #2

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Magnificent. Well done!
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2019-05-20, 15:13:12
Reply #3

Correntes

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • PRESSRENDER
Awesome.

Which hdri did you used?

Regards

2019-05-20, 15:19:38
Reply #4

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Lighting and tone mapping are on point! Would you be able to share some setup info?
Vray who?

2019-05-20, 22:49:39
Reply #5

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
Thank you guys, always appreciated:) !

HDRI is from hdrihaven, I think it was one called waterbuck trail

For the setup, not sure what exactly you'd like to know .. ?

Lighting it's hdri + very soft corona sun for a little bit of added warmth,
Render settings are basically default, except of displacement override and GI AA balance set to 32 with 1lsm ..

« Last Edit: 2019-05-20, 22:53:55 by David Males »

2019-05-20, 23:21:43
Reply #6

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you guys, always appreciated:) !

HDRI is from hdrihaven, I think it was one called waterbuck trail

For the setup, not sure what exactly you'd like to know .. ?

Lighting it's hdri + very soft corona sun for a little bit of added warmth,
Render settings are basically default, except of displacement override and GI AA balance set to 32 with 1lsm ..

Thanks a lot for the reply! I was curious about your tone mapping settings - the renders have that great balance of vibrancy but with controlled highlights (and not washed out/murky).
Vray who?

2019-05-20, 23:41:23
Reply #7

David Males

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • David Males Imagery
I try to keep it as linear as possible from the frame-buffer, but sometimes I tweak highlight compression a little bit, as even PS can have trouble with overburnt highlights .. Then it's just camera raw and simple adjustments layers + some custom luts for finals...  back in a day I used to overdo my postpro a lot, so I want to learn from it and try to keep it very simple and subtle

2019-05-21, 01:28:37
Reply #8

Designerman77

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very cool !

Can I ask you what machine you use and how long the render time was / how many passes?

Want to upgrade my hardware.

2019-05-21, 12:53:30
Reply #9

agentdark45

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I try to keep it as linear as possible from the frame-buffer, but sometimes I tweak highlight compression a little bit, as even PS can have trouble with overburnt highlights .. Then it's just camera raw and simple adjustments layers + some custom luts for finals...  back in a day I used to overdo my postpro a lot, so I want to learn from it and try to keep it very simple and subtle

Awesome, I figured you had some custom tone mapping/post processing going on. The images reminded me of Jakub Cech's work quite a lot (who uses a similar post processing setup as yourself if I'm not mistaken). I've tried going down this road in the past but it becomes a bit cumbersome when needing to rapidly iterate/tweak materials due to the VFB/final output differences.

I feel like tone mapping is one area that is hugely overlooked, so far for me Dubcat's ACES/Cannon 5D settings have gotten me the best 'out of the box' results from Corona, but still not a patch on FStorm's godly tonemapping.
Vray who?

2019-05-21, 20:24:24
Reply #10

petrorosengren

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Awesome, I figured you had some custom tone mapping/post processing going on. The images reminded me of Jakub Cech's work quite a lot (who uses a similar post processing setup as yourself if I'm not mistaken). I've tried going down this road in the past but it becomes a bit cumbersome when needing to rapidly iterate/tweak materials due to the VFB/final output differences.

I feel like tone mapping is one area that is hugely overlooked, so far for me Dubcat's ACES/Cannon 5D settings have gotten me the best 'out of the box' results from Corona, but still not a patch on FStorm's godly tonemapping.

What are the settings of Dubcat? Can you lead me to the discussion?

Great work with the rendering!

2019-05-22, 12:59:06
Reply #11

vicmds

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is just great!

You mentioned a simple post-production, so I assume this very photographic and natural grain comes straight from DoF? Also, I like how the overall sharpness is well balanced, something I tend to overlook sometimes. Awesome