Author Topic: [solved]Render results not same as preview window  (Read 5347 times)

2015-10-09, 17:58:59

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello all,

I am having an issue where Corona is not rendering exactly what is shown in the preview window.  I have tried perspective as well as camera previews and the results are the same.  I am using the latest daily builds and have the same results if I have the Active render open or if I do an actual render.  What is happening is this: I have an HDRI image set to environment and spherical and adjust it so that it is positioned correctly with a plane on which I am placing plants.  I adjust the angle of the camera and move the plane until there is no empty space above or below the plane showing in the preview window.  However, the render (active or otherwise) will show space where none is visible in the preview window.  I hope that I am doing something wrong and not something going wrong with Corona.  I love Corona because of the quality and ease of use; however, this kind of problem is frustrating and uses up a huge amount of time to get the desired results.  Can someone give me some feedback as to what might be the problem (I hope it is me).

Thanks in advance for any suggestions for me to try.

Tom
« Last Edit: 2015-10-14, 10:24:48 by maru »

2015-10-12, 13:58:40
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Some of the questions may seem stupid, but I just want to make sure that I understand everything well:
-the output from VFB (be it interactive or regular rendering) is different than what you see in viewport, is that correct?
-are you using "show safe frame" option in 3dsmax? (Shift+F)
-are you using some 3rd party plugins for anything? For example Vray HDRI loader?
-are you using any kind of camera correction? (tilt, shift? keep in mind that if you have a camera which is using camera correction and you switch back to perspective, the perspective view will be "camera corrected" too - to fix this you would have to switch back to any orthographic view and to perspective again)
-can you post pictures of what is happening?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-10-13, 18:49:59
Reply #2

prosthotoothist

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maru,

Thanks for your reply with questions for me to investigate.  I had prepared several pictures of screen shots showing various stages of work and as I was about to start a dialogue about what was in each picture, I re-read your questions and when I got to the one about "show safe frames," I knew that I was not using that setting.  So I activated it and adjusted the position of the plane with vegetation on it and then opened the Active Render.  The results was that what was in the "safe" area of the preview screen was exactly what was shown in the rendering!  I also did a regular render with the same results, so my problem is solved.  Thanks so much for taking the time to lead me through things that could have been causing the problem.

Regards,

Tom