Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524992 times)

2021-07-17, 19:56:31
Reply #915

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tell me somebody please, how the voting works? Geo Pattern like tool is on the second/third place by voting and it is not in the plans for 8 version of Corona. Why and what is the point of voting?

2021-07-18, 21:18:51
Reply #916

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We've changed how we're doing the roadmap - the next version is no longer a long, comprehensive, and exhaustive list at the release of the previous version, but instead contains the things we will be working on first. Once those near completion and it is clear we will have time to do something else, we'll move another item in off the "Pool of big ideas". This is to save the frustration of listing everything we hope to include, but along the way we find out that something can't be completed in time - as happened with the Tone Mapping for 7. Even though it is made clear that the roadmap is tentative, we thought it would help manage people's expectations while still being as open and transparent as we can if we follow this new approach.

So what you see in Corona 8 is just the starting point. What else gets added as we go, once things near completion and we can safely wrap in other work from Pool of Big ideas, we will find out as we go. As it says right on the roadmap, "More to be announced later..." :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-07-19, 00:13:53
Reply #917

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We've changed how we're doing the roadmap - the next version is no longer a long, comprehensive, and exhaustive list at the release of the previous version, but instead contains the things we will be working on first. Once those near completion and it is clear we will have time to do something else, we'll move another item in off the "Pool of big ideas". This is to save the frustration of listing everything we hope to include, but along the way we find out that something can't be completed in time - as happened with the Tone Mapping for 7. Even though it is made clear that the roadmap is tentative, we thought it would help manage people's expectations while still being as open and transparent as we can if we follow this new approach.

So what you see in Corona 8 is just the starting point. What else gets added as we go, once things near completion and we can safely wrap in other work from Pool of Big ideas, we will find out as we go. As it says right on the roadmap, "More to be announced later..." :)

Thank you!

2021-07-19, 09:08:00
Reply #918

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Maybe its too late to mention but I'd LOVE a geommetry clipping like Vray Keyshot etc

2021-07-19, 09:46:58
Reply #919

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe its too late to mention but I'd LOVE a geommetry clipping like Vray Keyshot etc

Clipper is in the plans for V8 https://trello.com/c/gm6WlX9y/121-slicer-clipper-material
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-19, 10:33:55
Reply #920

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Clipper is in the plans for V8 https://trello.com/c/gm6WlX9y/121-slicer-clipper-material

Clipper has been in the roadmap for every major version since i think v1.7 . I believe I requested it in 2014 along with a few others.
« Last Edit: 2021-07-19, 10:40:22 by Jpjapers »

2021-07-19, 11:15:29
Reply #921

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Let's not start the same old ranting again, can we at least wait when the slicer will be moved from V8 to future releases board ;]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-07-19, 11:59:32
Reply #922

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Tell me somebody please, how the voting works? Geo Pattern like tool is on the second/third place by voting and it is not in the plans for 8 version of Corona. Why and what is the point of voting?
this is one of the (main) sources we consider when deciding what to schedule for next version, but there are also many other factors such as individual customers stories, time complexities, new research coming up, needs for internal changes, ecoystem considerations, etc.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-07-19, 12:29:14
Reply #923

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let's not start the same old ranting again, can we at least wait when the slicer will be moved from V8 to future releases board ;]

No ranting here, ive been here long enough to know that the new versions will always bring in something new and useful, just not always what was originally planned!
Id rather have something that works than a version that needs 3 or 4 hotfixes.

(I do think that the slicer would bring about lots of cool renders from the community!)

2021-07-21, 20:10:42
Reply #924

crash_2317

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello there everyone. I have a major question: do you consider implementing any kind of path guiding? I find this one very interesting https://youtu.be/pCqqiwt3JZ4

2021-07-21, 22:34:29
Reply #925

Majeranek

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Guys, are you planning to make something like "Corona Hair & Fur"?

FStorm recently introduced their "Fstorm Fur" and it works like a charm. It has simple interface of the modifier and low memory use.
Would be really useful to have that kind of feature in Corona for rugs, cloths, etc. Using default 3ds max "Hair & Fur" is real pain in the ass.. Especially problematic is that when using corona shader for hairs it can't pick up color from diffuse map.
marjoramstudio.com Website
be.net/filipmalecki Behance Portfolio
Instagram Instagram Profile

2021-07-21, 22:41:09
Reply #926

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello there everyone. I have a major question: do you consider implementing any kind of path guiding? I find this one very interesting https://youtu.be/pCqqiwt3JZ4

isn't that how the Corona caustics works?
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

2021-07-22, 15:50:56
Reply #927

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
15.3% for  GPU/Hybrid rendering and still nothing. I know you don't want to be competition for Vray (with better price and simple software)... ;(

2021-07-22, 16:51:17
Reply #928

piotrus3333

• Active Users
    • View Profile
15.3% for  GPU/Hybrid rendering and still nothing. I know you don't want to be competition for Vray (with better price and simple software)... ;(

an exporter to Vantage is the most that can be expected in this case (gpu rendering I mean). why is so many people waiting for this to happen??
Marcin Piotrowski
youtube

2021-08-06, 16:46:18
Reply #929

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Since there is so much to implement, I would like to know, what do you want the most.

Everyone has multiple votes, so you cannot simply check everything ;). Choose wisely. I'll use the results as a guideline to what is needed the most.

.mtl support or plugin! and a better material converter.