Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 525054 times)

2021-05-06, 16:25:02
Reply #900

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I know there are many workarounds but its not always practical especially with walkthrough animations where you want volumetrics and the scale of the space changes throughout.

In that case why not just use it as a global volume material? I'm curious. Also I wonder if using a smaller volume instead of global would improve performance.

2021-05-07, 13:31:10
Reply #901

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
highly recommend adding an option noise amount, pass amount and denoiser amount  in Corona Camera to be able to adjust theses  parameters per Camera view/
for for huge render time savings per camera/because each view sometimes requires visually less or more noise amount or passes which theoretically can greatly reduce render times.

2021-05-07, 14:02:10
Reply #902

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
highly recommend adding an option noise amount, pass amount and denoiser amount  in Corona Camera to be able to adjust theses  parameters per Camera view/
for for huge render time savings per camera/because each view sometimes requires visually less or more noise amount or passes which theoretically can greatly reduce render times.

I highly recommend using a plug-in that does exactly this (along with many, many other features) called Pulze scene manager.

It's honestly the best plug-in for max and makes it a much more friendly software to use.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-05-07, 21:08:53
Reply #903

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile

I highly recommend using a plug-in that does exactly this (along with many, many other features) called Pulze scene manager.

It's honestly the best plug-in for max and makes it a much more friendly software to use.
thanks
instead of one simple option, get a whole set of unnecessary things to deal with them and also pay additional funds for it.
a little unreasonable

2021-05-09, 19:14:52
Reply #904

kino_unico

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for me, what I miss the most in corona is the clipper and the link with Cryptomatte, it is very useful in vray.

2021-06-05, 13:36:38
Reply #905

CGArroyo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And Vray style clipping plane? Is there any intend to implement that? Guess that is way easier than this list functions (right?)

2021-06-14, 14:23:43
Reply #906

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
In anticipation of the next version I removed PBR material (coming in v7) and tone mapping improvements (coming early in v8 daily builds). Also added some new stuff and reset the votes. Go ahead and vote for the next release cycle
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-06-14, 15:55:29
Reply #907

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would this "Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ..." allow you to actually change the texture and material settings from the VFB? Or it would be more like cryptomatte?

2021-06-14, 16:17:43
Reply #908

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would this "Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ..." allow you to actually change the texture and material settings from the VFB? Or it would be more like cryptomatte?
We would try this but cannot promise any results, it might end up being impossible
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-06-14, 16:43:26
Reply #909

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
We would try this but cannot promise any results, it might end up being impossible

Yup. It sounds like a lot to take on.

2021-06-14, 17:35:12
Reply #910

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It was already done with Motiva Colimo, but of course it can be only approximate, so we cannot guarantee how close the result will look to reference. With lightmix for lights exact match is possible. Still it could be useful. I want to know how many people would like this if it was possible to do in useful way

2021-06-14, 18:29:41
Reply #911

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It was already done with Motiva Colimo, but of course it can be only approximate, so we cannot guarantee how close the result will look to reference. With lightmix for lights exact match is possible. Still it could be useful. I want to know how many people would like this if it was possible to do in useful way

IMO, it sounds great but unless this feature can sort of retrofit the materials in 3Ds max with the chosen textures so the next time you render you have the textures applied and not have to do that manually, I see it as a problem in terms of workflow more than a time saver. I'd rather do this in photoshop (maybe with cryptomatte) if there was a way to use the UVs info like in Motiva Colimo.

2021-06-15, 08:18:01
Reply #912

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Personally, for the 'material mix' or whatever you're calling it... I think it'd definitely be handy to edit the color/tone of the materials in the VFB, but anything beyond this seems a bit convoluted and unnecessary. There is already so many great features to quickly edit a material, or portion of a scene (selective render for example).

Additionally, I already quite often avoid using light select as the CXR file sizes very quickly inflate beyond manageable sizes and project folders become huge to store/archive. I fear this would only exasperate with 'material-mix'.

Just my two-cents :)
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-06-15, 10:27:21
Reply #913

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In anticipation of the next version I removed PBR material (coming in v7) and tone mapping improvements (coming early in v8 daily builds). Also added some new stuff and reset the votes. Go ahead and vote for the next release cycle
Can't see extended particle workflow support such as instancing like in vray, motion blur for the changing topo and so on) MB for me is essential, even if i render stills mostly. Approximately how difficult is it to implement?

2021-06-23, 10:07:40
Reply #914

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can't see extended particle workflow support such as instancing like in vray, motion blur for the changing topo and so on) MB for me is essential, even if i render stills mostly. Approximately how difficult is it to implement?

I asked this question around 3 years ago. So yes, I think it is really difficult to implement. Better switch to V-Ray or other render engine for this task :(