Author Topic: Unsupported MTL: Autodesk Generic  (Read 3010 times)

2021-10-27, 20:52:03

Alex Abarca

• Active Users
  • Corona Certified Instructor
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Hi Corona Team,

As you may know in some instances it's almost impossible to go inspect every material in the scene, and in reality, there are some things we need to let go to push forward, like materializing every object. I know you can convert these materials, but I want to keep my Corona Legacy on my library material for now.

So I am proposing to make Corona better is to keep the red/white glowy message on IR and in render it should render gray flat gray with no light bounces.

2021-10-27, 21:08:01
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You can convert materials by class. Select autodesk material from list and only them will be converted and all your Corona legacy materials will stay untouched.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-10-27, 21:29:38
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Actually, that material - that is, the Unsupported error message in the render - is grey to GI (bounced light) since Corona 3, even though it is red in direct visibility:
https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-renderer-3-for-3ds-max-released/

I'd say you probably don't want it grey in a final render in direct visibility, because maybe you didn't use IR and you would be left not noticing a major error in the image, or if you did notice it you'd be left scratching your head as to the cause.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us