Author Topic: Corona Renderer 8 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 149488 times)

2021-10-01, 21:52:45
Reply #135

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
"New
Added include/exclude list to specify which object should (not) receive caustics. You can find it in the performance tab of render settings
https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/CGCGN8"

Amazing news!! Can't wait to try this! Bravo devs.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-10-03, 21:57:10
Reply #136

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
hi i have shared my files on dropbox - email id - deniskhiroya@icloud.com
Hi,

This is fixed in the latest daily build. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg190524#msg190524

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

it seems fixed yes but is still not perfect I think.
Everything goes on fine when DR is active but sometimes I get some random freezes here and there and after some seconds it get's back to normal.

I am not sure but I guess it happens when the master PC receives the calculated data from the DR Slave....

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2021-10-04, 09:40:06
Reply #137

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is fixed in the latest daily build. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33839.msg190524#msg190524

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

Everything goes on fine when DR is active but sometimes I get some random freezes here and there and after some seconds it get's back to normal.

I am not sure but I guess it happens when the master PC receives the calculated data from the DR Slave....

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

Yeah I think this might be a slightly different issue. We are still looking into the issue with DR and I'll let you know when I have some more info.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-10-04, 11:45:16
Reply #138

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, rowmanns.

As I told you yesterday, the problem persisted after I had reinstalled corona 7.1 (without uninstalling the daily build)

Today I tried to uninstal Corona and then install it again (7.1).
The problem is not happening anymore.
It seems that was something related with the daily build...
I'll keep using 7.1 by now.

Thanks

Ronald
Hi,

I wasn't able to reproduce this with the latest daily build. Are you running the latest GPU drivers?

Maybe if you could record a video of exactly what you are doing it will be useful.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-10-04, 17:15:20
Reply #139

dekh15425

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

Thanks,

Dionysios -

thank you i will check

2021-10-04, 18:27:05
Reply #140

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, just one question about the new daily build denoiser. the example that you provide , what's the amount used?, just for a better reference, thanks.

2021-10-04, 21:49:04
Reply #141

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Hi Rowan,

Thanks,

Dionysios -
Hi,

Yeah I think this might be a slightly different issue. We are still looking into the issue with DR and I'll let you know when I have some more info.

Thanks,

Rowan

FYI

I am attaching here 2 capture screens from Ryzen Master while my system gets in freeze state (while DR rendering is active) and then after in normal state.
As you can notice, in freeze state the CPU cores (Ryzen 5950X) are very unstable, the Peak Core(S) Voltage is very high and the PPT value gets unstable as well.

On the other hand during the normal process everything works fine.

Hope can help.

Dionysios -

2021-10-08, 13:36:22
Reply #142

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
FYI

I am attaching here 2 capture screens from Ryzen Master while my system gets in freeze state (while DR rendering is active) and then after in normal state.
As you can notice, in freeze state the CPU cores (Ryzen 5950X) are very unstable, the Peak Core(S) Voltage is very high and the PPT value gets unstable as well.

On the other hand during the normal process everything works fine.

Hope can help.

Dionysios -
Hi,

Thanks, we are still looking into this one. As of yet I don't have any new info. I'll let you know when I do.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-10-08, 17:28:29
Reply #143

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, latest build crshes almost 90% of the time and keeps restarting, heavy and small scenes, cpu AMD 3990, 128 gigs ram, ill try to upload the scene.

2021-10-09, 19:28:35
Reply #144

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Hi guys, latest build crshes almost 90% of the time and keeps restarting, heavy and small scenes, cpu AMD 3990, 128 gigs ram, ill try to upload the scene.
We're experiencing some crashes with the latest build too, but not 90%. I'd say every 3-4th scene.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2021-10-09, 21:22:26
Reply #145

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Running IR with the latest daily and for all these years I haven't seen the "v-ray" splotches.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2021-10-09, 22:10:10
Reply #146

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I noticed that too. Maybe devs tweaked IR settings for it to be more responsive?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-10-11, 06:29:59
Reply #147

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
I don't want to derail the thread because users are reporting what appear to be very critical bugs, but I do want to chime in to request an update on tonemapping development. I believe tonemapping is unequivocally the next major feature update that users are interested expecting, along with tonemapping being nixed from the v8 release, but tonemapping has been absent from basically all of the latest daily builds over the last several months AFAIK(?)
« Last Edit: 2021-10-12, 01:42:37 by cjwidd »

2021-10-11, 09:41:14
Reply #148

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We're experiencing some crashes with the latest build too, but not 90%. I'd say every 3-4th scene.
Hi Guys,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, please could you provide a scene and some reproduction steps so I can replicate these crashes?

Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

Running IR with the latest daily and for all these years I haven't seen the "v-ray" splotches.

We are aware of this issue and looking into it.

(Report ID=CRMAX-1036)

I don't want to derail the thread because users are reporting what appear to be very critical bugs, but I do want to chime in to request an update on tonemapping development. I believe tonemapping is unequivocally the next major feature update that users are interested expecting, along with tonemapping being nixed from the v8 release, but tonemapping has been absent from basically all of the latest daily builds over the last several months AFAIK(?)
Hi,

We are still working really hard on this, the reason it's not in the dailies yet is that it's not ready yet. Unfortunately I can't give you a timescale of when it will hit the dailies other than hopefully soon :)

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-10-12, 17:12:42
Reply #149

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow! "Added cdecal object - projects a selected texture on any geometry"? I love it.
Thank you!

But could you please add the support to the "use real-world Scale" for maps in Mask source "From material" use?