Author Topic: Resolution per Camera in Corona Camera Tab  (Read 6101 times)

2021-05-29, 03:49:40

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be grateful if something similar was implemented (I think there are batch render plugins and addons but not aware if there is something similar already built in Corona Render?)

2021-06-24, 08:57:42
Reply #1

aeviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I’d love to see this implemented as well and, If I may add, it would be nice to make it available in the Corona VFB too.

2021-07-05, 23:49:30
Reply #2

serch

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2021-08-04, 17:23:32
Reply #3

Visuali

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Visuali Studio
If you need I know there's a handy script called "Camera Resolution Mod" but having these parameters nativetly in the CoronaCam would be more useful than ever!

2021-08-06, 16:59:41
Reply #4

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for this. If it does happen also please have a portrait/landscape switch too :)

2021-08-06, 19:47:46
Reply #5

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 I've bought the Camera Resolution Mod script a few years ago but this would be super useful. It's annoying having to scroll the camera modifiers list just to change resolution.

Edit: It should allow saving presets too.

2021-08-06, 23:10:31
Reply #6

Basshunter

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for this. I'd love a landscape/portrait mode switch added too as jpjapers suggested.

2021-08-08, 05:43:04
Reply #7

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Created another mockup, a bit ugly and rough but the jist is there.
Not sure why the portrait and landscape option - I think a simple "swap" button to swap the height and width resolutions would do, but I might be missing something, so I basically added the suggestions.

The "camera select" could actually select another camera in the scene and open it in the modify panel (or it would be possible to edit the camera settings of other cameras from each camera in the modify tab).

Might be too cluttered in the end, just an idea how this could look.

PS. Also radio buttons on the portrait/landscape instead of tick box perphaps.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-08, 05:47:27 by Jak »

2021-08-08, 17:11:46
Reply #8

NicolasC

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Or ... Simply use Pulse Scene Manager, which will allow this and much more 😉
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2021-08-08, 18:11:30
Reply #9

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Will always prefer native tools than to purchase hundreds of plugins. Think Pulse Manager is overkill, too many functions I simply dont need. I dont want to reinvent 3dsmax for myself with new tabs, just improve a little bit on the existing ones.

Would be great if Corona team would implement this little camera feature, simply feed the resolution directly into Corona frame buffer from the camera tab.

2021-08-10, 09:23:56
Reply #10

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, Jak, I can understand your point of view ;)
Nicolas Caplat

2021-08-10, 10:51:38
Reply #11

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

+1...

I know, I know, you don't want to pay for extra shit, I get that.

But honestly, after Corona, Pulze is my single favorite tool. Yes, it might have some features I don't use at all, but it's revolutionized my workflow, I cannot imagine life without it.

I'm a massive fanboy of Pulze (no connection to them), they are very responsive to bug reports, ideas, updates etc.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-08-10, 18:10:50
Reply #12

NicolasC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, it might have some features I don't use at all, but it's revolutionized my workflow, I cannot imagine life without it.

I'm a massive fanboy of Pulze (no connection to them), they are very responsive to bug reports, ideas, updates etc.

Same feelings here !
Nicolas Caplat

2021-08-12, 10:34:33
Reply #13

Jak

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1...

But honestly, after Corona, Pulze is my single favorite tool. Yes, it might have some features I don't use at all, but it's revolutionized my workflow, I cannot imagine life without it.

Not true, I buy assets for projects all the time, so its not about the money. Its mostly about relying (too much) on 3rd party programs and those getting discontinued (not saying it will happen to Pulze, I cant know this now can I), as well as getting stuff that one will not use, really simple.

2021-08-12, 16:03:44
Reply #14

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D

+1...

Not true, I buy assets for projects all the time, so its not about the money. Its mostly about relying (too much) on 3rd party programs and those getting discontinued (not saying it will happen to Pulze, I cant know this now can I), as well as getting stuff that one will not use, really simple.

Sorry mate, I wasn't trying to call you out for being cheap or anything like that! Apologies if it sounded like I was (I'm definitely guilty of being a tight-ass myself).

You make legitimate concerns for discontinued software. I'd be devastated if this happened to Pulze. I trust Brick Visual (the creator) to continue it in one form or another while our max-corona workflow is still relevant.

You're right to ask Corona devs for this feature, it'd be handy, certainly. I was just putting it out there that there is a viable existing, ready-to-use and highly recommended solution available to you already.....at a good price ;)

+1
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/