Author Topic: Time Limit Being Ignored  (Read 1778 times)

2021-05-25, 14:10:54

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So last friday I set up renders on my render queue and left for the weekend. I came back to the first render STILL RENDERING after 63 hours when the limit was 55 minutes for each image. Shrugged it off and thought maybe the conversion to s24 showed the time limit set to 00:55:00 but didnt actually recognize it. Sooo I went through each scene and zeroed out then re-added the 00:55:00 time limit and saved each scene and readded it to the queue. This was yesterday; today I came into work and even though the images in queue were rearranged and there was a different scene in the first spot...IT STILL rendered that first image all night and never moved to the second. Does anyone know what could be happening here? I'll contact corona renderer if we cannot find the solution here.

I'll share the scene via a private message if someone wants to take a look.

EDIT : I believe it has something to do with when my screen locks after 30 minutes it stalls the progress of the render and goes infinitely. Test now
« Last Edit: 2021-05-25, 15:22:16 by CJRenders »

2021-05-26, 11:26:04
Reply #1

mmarcotic

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

maybe this can help? https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=33147
If not, I would like to see the scene, if possible.

Thanks,
Jan
Learn how to report bugs for Corona in C4D here.

2021-05-26, 15:55:08
Reply #2

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That was my original post that you linked. the issue must not have been resolved as i thought it was. Its directly linked to my screen locking. I left renders going overnight without my computer locking and everything went fine.

2021-05-26, 16:47:00
Reply #3

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Oh, sorry, I didn't notice that.

I will reopen our internal ticket and look further into this.

Thanks,
Jan

2021-05-26, 16:56:12
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
BTW just to check - is it just your screen turning off (shouldn't really affect the render tbh), or is the computer actually going into some sleep/hibernate mode too, or hard drives powering down? My screens do turn off after 45 mins, but nothing else ever powers down, and it has no effect on rendering (in fact, two of my nodes have no screens anyway). If it is just screen powering down and everything else remains powered up, are you using NVIDIA as a denoiser, or the regular Corona denoiser?

Cheers!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-26, 17:01:26
Reply #5

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use the corona high quality denoise mode and I think the computer actually does go into a rest mode as I can hear it idling lightly and not actually running like it normally does. That could be the whole issue right there!

2021-05-31, 13:15:43
Reply #6

mmarcotic

• Active Users
  • Jan - C4D QA
    • View Profile
Hello,

I think you're right - if your computer goes to sleep mode, it seems that the time goes on, but rendering is paused. I would recommend turning off auto-sleep when rendering overnight.
I will add this to our internal tracker, but I don't think this is a high priority task as it can be avoided by disabling auto-sleep.

Thanks,
Jan

2021-06-11, 17:05:11
Reply #7

CJRenders

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

I think you're right - if your computer goes to sleep mode, it seems that the time goes on, but rendering is paused. I would recommend turning off auto-sleep when rendering overnight.
I will add this to our internal tracker, but I don't think this is a high priority task as it can be avoided by disabling auto-sleep.

Thanks,
Jan

Yes thats what i've done for now. So for its been working fine.