Author Topic: first pass render takes too long  (Read 4135 times)

2020-03-01, 15:57:24

xdr_00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hello guys, glad to have the opportunity to write here.
I'm a beginner in 3ds max and corona renderer. this is my third interior scene that i'm working on. it is a complexe scene with nice materials. before rendering at higher resolution, like 1500 x 2000 px, I use the test coordinates 1000 x 561. No problem...it goes fast but it does not have details.
after that i've change it to 1500x2000 px. I've left the scene render by night, and after 7 hours of rendering, it was still rendering the initial pass... I've tried deleting stuff from the scene...it is the same. I'am desperate!!!!!

The laptop is new...gaming laptop with Intel® Core™ i7-9750H (12M Cache, up to 4.50 GHz), 16GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, GeForce RTX 2060 6GB. I have renderd other two scenes with it at QHD resolution and it worked well.

I am using 3ds max 2017 and corona 4.

please help me because I've worked so many hours for this scene.

thnak you very much.

2020-03-01, 16:58:28
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. This could be caused by a number of things, but the first thing to check is your RAM-usage. 16 Gb isn't a lot, and if the scene needs more, then it'll start paging and this takes forever.

Hope it helps

2020-03-01, 17:00:33
Reply #2

xdr_00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you! i am sure is not the RAM.... :(

2020-03-01, 17:25:15
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can you show the task manager screenshot while your laptop is rendering that particular scene at that particular resolution?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-01, 18:22:34
Reply #4

xdr_00

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think I have managed to solve the problem. I have opened another 3ds max empty scene, I have imported and merged the old scene and I have noticed that it worked faster because it did not imported the settings of the old one. The setting that i am referring to is CORONA INTERACTIVE LIGHT MIX.

that was the reason it didn't work in normal parameters. I have like 50 - 80 lights in the scene... I have tried activating the light mix in the new scene and the result was the same...so in conclusion, that was the problem.

thank you!

2020-03-01, 19:20:25
Reply #5

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Lightmix layers takes additional RAM to render. If all your lights are on separate layers, that would require a lot of additional RAM, much more than your available 16GB
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-02, 16:24:27
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yep on LightMix,

"
Adding a lot of lights and rendering in very high resolution
This can lead to excessive RAM usage. A warning message should appear when attempting to set up LightMix with many lights.

Solution: render your image in low resolution to keep memory usage low, then adjust LightMix settings as needed. Once the LightMix setup is complete, use the >Scene button to bake all custom light settings into the scene, then disable all LightMix and LightSelect render elements, and re-render your image in high resolution. This way you will be able to use your LightMix settings in a high-resolution render, without the high RAM usage.
"

from https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000017218-how-to-use-interactive-lightmix-
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us