Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130514 times)

2020-07-13, 17:20:35
Reply #360

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
I can confirm the cubemap rendering noise value not changing. I had it before with some C6 daily, can not reproduce now.

2020-07-13, 19:42:18
Reply #361

DelightingPictures

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Delighting Pictures
The problem occurs in simple scene with corona camera in cube mode inside a box with a window opening and a sky or complex scenes. Resolution with an aspect ratio of 6. I have updated to the latest daily build, and the problem persists. I have uploaded the scene in Corona Uploader.
Thanks.

2020-07-14, 09:09:42
Reply #362

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
The problem occurs in simple scene with corona camera in cube mode inside a box with a window opening and a sky or complex scenes. Resolution with an aspect ratio of 6. I have updated to the latest daily build, and the problem persists. I have uploaded the scene in Corona Uploader.
Thanks.
Hi,

Thanks for uploading the scene, I can reproduce it in your scene but not in a fresh one.

I have sent it to our dev team to investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan

(Internal ID=535185307)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-07-14, 13:17:56
Reply #363

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Do you guys think you'll complete the "Shortening Time Spent Opening the Scene" card from Trello https://trello.com/c/9koqWvNM for Corona 6?

2020-07-20, 10:19:13
Reply #364

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Do you guys think you'll complete the "Shortening Time Spent Opening the Scene" card from Trello https://trello.com/c/9koqWvNM for Corona 6?

Unfortunately not. It's almost done, but there are few illusive bugs that we weren't able to track down and fix in time. To prevent delaying v6 release any further, we are forced to skip this feature for now. It should however be released in one of the first v7 daily builds shortly after the v6 final release.

On the other hand the Corona Scatter has already been changed to update asynchronously in the background, which is pretty much the same thing we want to do here for bitmaps and proxies. So if your scene heavily uses Corona Scatter, it should already open a bit faster.

2020-07-20, 15:06:02
Reply #365

Dippndots

• Active Users
  • Alex Fagan Co-Founder at The Faction
    • View Profile
    • The Faction
Unfortunately not. It's almost done, but there are few illusive bugs that we weren't able to track down and fix in time. To prevent delaying v6 release any further, we are forced to skip this feature for now. It should however be released in one of the first v7 daily builds shortly after the v6 final release.

On the other hand the Corona Scatter has already been changed to update asynchronously in the background, which is pretty much the same thing we want to do here for bitmaps and proxies. So if your scene heavily uses Corona Scatter, it should already open a bit faster.

Hey Ryuu, thanks for the update, a bit of a bummer, but totally understand. Looking forward to v6 (and v7 dailies). Our main issue is those of us working from assets on a networked drive, though we recently improved things greatly by excluding windows defender from scanning 3ds Max and the asset drive completely (in case anyone else is having similar issues)

2020-07-22, 09:06:02
Reply #366

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
i just updated Corona V5 to 2020-06-18 dailybuild and the rendering process keeps crashing, Corona Error Message: LEGION_STOP @ C:\Corona\src\ShadingLib\UvMapper.h(238).
The scene originally was created using V4 if I recall correctly, but rendered mostly fine using V5 (I had some crashes, but as I was experimenting with tyflow I did not relate it to corona)
Please see the uploaded file: 1592584875_200619-tyflow-explode.max
Win 10, 18363.836
Max 2021 EDU (fresh install)
Corona V6-200618
Tyflow 0.16089

If you need any other information just let me know.
Best regards,

Daniel

Daily builds 2020-06-18
Distance texmap not work when first start 3dsmax 2014 files witch Multiscatter 1.615
It is necessary to open the material and change any of its parameters so that it works again.
See screenshots.
Max file attached.

Hi,

Native 3ds max VFB doesn't update anymore until render is finished ( or canceled ).

Are you guys aware of this? Bug?

Thank you!

Hi.
I am rendering a camera in cubemap mode. The noise level remains at 180%, and that value does not change, although the number of passes increases and the noise disappears. Corona does not measure noise in cubemap mode?
Sorry for my English.

Good afternoon. Is this how it should be? Sky+Sun / DB 18.06.

All Fixed in the v6 Db 2020-07-21
Send me your scene!

2020-07-24, 16:30:46
Reply #367

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Colour correct node doesnt work for reflection and bump mapping? Certainly in the last couple of daily builds if not earlier. Im sure it hasnt always been like this.

Put a coloured standard bitmap or even the checkerboard shader directly in to the bump channel and you can see it working. Run that through a corona colour correction node - not touching any of the settings and the effect stops working. Same for reflection. Putting it through the max standard colour correction node and everything works as expected.

Pretty sure the corona node should work but for some reason I cant get it to.

Cheers
« Last Edit: 2020-07-24, 17:12:25 by Rhodesy »

2020-07-27, 09:24:31
Reply #368

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona Colour correct node doesnt work for reflection and bump mapping? Certainly in the last couple of daily builds if not earlier. Im sure it hasnt always been like this.

Put a coloured standard bitmap or even the checkerboard shader directly in to the bump channel and you can see it working. Run that through a corona colour correction node - not touching any of the settings and the effect stops working. Same for reflection. Putting it through the max standard colour correction node and everything works as expected.

Pretty sure the corona node should work but for some reason I cant get it to.

Cheers
Hi,

We are aware of the issue with CoronaColorCorrect and bump mapping. We are looking into a fix for it, however a workaround is to set the ColorCorrects brightness value to a non zero number and it will work.

I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with reflection, it seems to be working fine for me. Can you provide some more information?

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-07-27, 10:10:30
Reply #369

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Rowan

Thanks for trying to fix the bump issue. I cant seem to replicate the same reflection issue today, so maybe it was just the bump.

I was having issues with Railclone and the use segement material option in railclone 4. The bump wasnt working with that either regardless of which method was used. But taking that option off and just applying it to the railclone object (like previous versions of railclone) the bump mapping works again. Is there a known issue with this? The diffuse seemed to work fine.

Cheers   

2020-07-27, 11:02:41
Reply #370

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Can you provide some more information regarding the issue with RailClone 4?

I have just tried here quickly and it seems to be working as expected for me. (See attached screenshot for my setup) Maybe you can tell me if I'm missing something?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-07-27, 11:14:24
Reply #371

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks I'll dig out the file later today.

2020-07-28, 11:02:18
Reply #372

TomasL

• Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys,
not sure where to post it but I am having a problem with latest daily build V6. I know it is alpha state and all but I was working with latest daily build (V6) and at one point I decided to switch back to corona V5. Well kinda strange issue popped up with same scene that was created in V6 and now opened in V5. It looks like shading issue or something and it is kinda annoying. Is there a way to get rid of it? See example pics as attachement.

Also, is it possible that V6 has higher RAM consumption than V5? I am not a tech guy to prove it but it looks like that scenes in V6 are a a bit heavier on RAM?

2020-07-28, 11:43:28
Reply #373

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hey guys,
not sure where to post it but I am having a problem with latest daily build V6. I know it is alpha state and all but I was working with latest daily build (V6) and at one point I decided to switch back to corona V5. Well kinda strange issue popped up with same scene that was created in V6 and now opened in V5. It looks like shading issue or something and it is kinda annoying. Is there a way to get rid of it? See example pics as attachement.

Also, is it possible that V6 has higher RAM consumption than V5? I am not a tech guy to prove it but it looks like that scenes in V6 are a a bit heavier on RAM?

Reset your render settings (Render Setup > Scene > Reset settings).
Other than that, saving in V6 and opening in V5 (or saving in any newer version and opening in an older one is ALWAYS an unsupported scenario):

Saving a scene with a daily build and opening it with a regular version of Corona Renderer is usually impossible.

no forward compatibility is guaranteed! Scenes saved with a newer version may be impossible to open with an older version!

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-07-28, 12:02:36
Reply #374

TomasL

• Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for answer, yeah I am aware of backward compatibility issues. I was maybe a bit too eager to try out V6... :)