Author Topic: Blurred vision with Distributed Rendering  (Read 2339 times)

2018-04-24, 23:09:11

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
This morning I tried rendering using DR with 1 other machine and the results look blurry. It was working fine yesterday but I had a different lighting and model, but not that different. Any idea why? Thanks!

2018-04-25, 14:18:27
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
A few questions for more info. I think comparing the same thing would be better here - looks like the DR render is a completed render, while the render region is still running (and a render region). So, maybe there are things that run when the render completes that haven't happened in the region - is anything like Denoising being used? Anything like Motion Blur (just as a thought due to the way the blurring looks, off the top of my head I don't think Motion Blur should be any different in a render region, but might be good to know)?

Anyway, to compare like with like, I would run a full render, no region, one with DR and one without, and see if this difference still happens. As well as checking if any "end of render" things are having an effect, it will also check that this is a DR bug and not a render region bug for example :)

Next up, if the two are still different, I would save the EXRs from the local machines by enabling the [DEBUG] retain EXRs option so you can see what each machine is calculating, and see if any are offset for any reason.

Other things to check are that the same plugins are installed on all machines, same Corona version, etc.

If the problem isn't found, and / or the EXRs show that there is some offset or blurring from one machine and not others, could you share the scene? There's the private uploader if it can't be shared publicly (https://corona-renderer.com/upload)

EDIT - attaching where to find the retain EXRs option (its tooltip will tell you where to find the EXRs)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2018-11-22, 11:51:21
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to reignite, but did anyone find the solution to this - I'm experiencing the same thing at the minute, as though the cameras between master and slave are slightly offset.

I have a feeling I know what it is but just need to run a couple of tests

2018-11-22, 12:05:11
Reply #3

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok so from what I can tell it's to do with Auto Vertical Correction on the Corona Cam, I had a camera that was slightly tilted so had that turned on, I then change the camera so it wasn't tilted but forgot to turn it off - blurred render.

I've just turned it off - render is fine

Turned it back on again - render fine.

So it's almost as if the Vertical Correction is overcompensating if you reset the rotation of a camera without turning it off.

2019-01-10, 12:04:28
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We will look into this, but if anyone is able to consistently reproduce it, and get incorrect results, please let us know and share the exact steps how to do it.

(internal note id=306693917)
« Last Edit: 2019-04-04, 09:23:05 by maru »
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-08-21, 10:52:48
Reply #5

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,

We've been looking into this issue and we are still unable to reproduce it.

If anyone is able to consistently reproduce this issue, please could you send over a scene and reproduction steps.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2019-08-22, 15:51:09
Reply #6

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,

I had this issue a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, but I'm unable to test or try to reproduce it.

However, I'm fairly certain it does have something to do with auto lens shift and DR.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/