Author Topic: Reflection visible in Raw Refraction Elements  (Read 1650 times)

2017-10-17, 00:07:24

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I seem to be getting some reflection in my RawComponent Refraction elements?  Would this be a material problem? Geometry problem or is it normal behaviour?

As far as I'm aware, the windows are just thin boxes? With a pretty standard glass material on.  It's an exterior shot - don't want to cancel the render to check it.

2017-10-17, 00:29:11
Reply #1

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. If you're using boxes as Windows, then it's probably the reflections from the inner layer seen through the refracted outer layer, and therefore visible in the refraction element. If that's the problem, then use a plane as window instead (or delete the inner glass).

Hope it helps

2017-10-17, 01:01:33
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How do you get those double/triple/quadruple reflections that you get with double glazed/triple glazed glass if you can’t use boxes?

2017-10-17, 01:12:19
Reply #3

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You don't... I'm not saying you can't use boxes, I'm only saying that it might be the reasons for your refraction/reflection issue :)

Best Regards

2023-07-27, 00:19:01
Reply #4

ramyhanna

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • tiltpixel.com
I can confirm this is an issue with Corona 9.  If you are using a box, raw refraction will show reflection.  This is not how raw refraction layer worked in vray, at least in vray 4.  It would be nice to still use thickness for glass, but get a raw refraction without internal reflections.  Any idea now to achieve this without changing the IOR to 1.0?

Thanks,
Ramy