Author Topic: Batch Editing Images with Corona Image Editor  (Read 103335 times)

2017-06-09, 10:04:59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
By popular demand, we have just released a script which allows you to batch edit CXR images with the Corona Image Editor.
Example use: save 100 frames of an animation in .cxr format, perform specific post processing operations and denoising on all of them, and output them in .png format.

The script comes with a help file and an example CXR, which you can experiment with.

The script can be downloaded here: [ LINK ]

Here is also a general guide on the CIE: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000030886

Requirements:
-Corona Image Editor installed
-Active Corona Renderer license
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-09, 14:32:53
Reply #1

pdaniun

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
And now... Photoshop plugin! :-) Yes?

2017-06-09, 15:45:18
Reply #2

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
NOt bad. Buut, I hope, in some integration inside the CIE in the next Corona release.  Batch  isn't very friendly.

2017-06-10, 14:01:21
Reply #3

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Nice.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com

2017-06-16, 02:31:08
Reply #4

wade

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I have encountered a problem with the script.

Basically, I do not have the CoronaImageCMD.exe. I have the CoronaImage.exe but not the command line version.
Should this be part of the standard install?

Corona version: 1.6
Full-speed, Non-debug, MaxSDK 2015
Build timestamp: Apr 24 2017 11:38:13
Defines: Wide RGB

2017-06-16, 02:42:20
Reply #5

wade

• Active Users
    • View Profile
My apologies! Seems I need Corona 1.6 Hotfix 1!

Thanks

2017-06-16, 08:05:24
Reply #6

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Yes, the command-line version of the editor has been added in the 1.6.1 hotfix version.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-08-23, 00:28:04
Reply #7

grasshopper

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Very nice feature.....Thanks

2017-08-23, 17:30:54
Reply #8

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
I have a question actually. Yesterday we had a little job in rush, (it was only 30 seconds). And we needed denoise applied, so we sent it to the renderfarm and saved cxr. Then after downloading all files, I ran the script. The problem is it was slower than doing by hand. And as the job was in a little rush, opened and applied the pp file and saved all by hand since it was almost twice as fast as the script. That computer is i7-7700 32RAM. so I do not think that was the issue. Is there any way to solve this?

By popular demand, we have just released a script which allows you to batch edit CXR images with the Corona Image Editor.
Example use: save 100 frames of an animation in .cxr format, perform specific post processing operations and denoising on all of them, and output them in .png format.

The script comes with a help file and an example CXR, which you can experiment with.

The script can be downloaded here: [ LINK ]

Here is also a general guide on the CIE: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000030886

Requirements:
-Corona Image Editor installed
-Active Corona Renderer license
http://kezer.co

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-08-23, 22:25:38
Reply #9

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, by "doing by hand" you mean opening the image in CIE and denoising it there? Are you denoising all elements, or just some selected ones? Please, could you share the image (and the postprocessing conf file) so I can inspect what is going on? You can use our private uploader for that: https://corona-renderer.com/upload.
« Last Edit: 2017-08-23, 22:48:54 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-08-24, 11:27:23
Reply #10

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
uploaded and i guess denoise is already applied. Rebusfarm told me that to use denoise I need to save it as cxr, thats why its like that. otherwise i could have sent it as it meant to be.

And yes you got it right, it was faster for me to opening by hand, cliking load and selecting the file, then saving as png. :)
« Last Edit: 2017-08-24, 11:43:04 by hkezer »

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-08-24, 14:07:50
Reply #11

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
uploaded and i guess denoise is already applied. Rebusfarm told me that to use denoise I need to save it as cxr, thats why its like that. otherwise i could have sent it as it meant to be.

And yes you got it right, it was faster for me to opening by hand, cliking load and selecting the file, then saving as png. :)

Your set of steps did not include "Run denoising"... you did do that in the CIE?
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2017-08-24, 14:16:17
Reply #12

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
The result i see on the image editor is sufficient enough. But the problem is, opening it by hand, then clicking load, selecting the file, then saving is faster than using the script. That is weird

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-08-24, 14:51:27
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, if you are asking the script to run denoising, it will take longer :) Opening the image in the CIE with Denoise data that was saved for later does no denoising at all, you just have the regular non-Denoised image until you explicitly run the calculations based on the saved data. That is definitely the time consuming part, and if the scripting you are using invokes denoising, that is why running the script takes significantly longer, as the denoising is the time intensive part.

If you are just saving from the CIE without running denoising, that means you aren't using it at all and could have submitted the job to the render farm going straight to PNG (at least as far as the denoising is concerned, depends on whether you are adjusting any other post process things like tone mapping etc differently than what was set in the VFB, though it doesn't sound like it).

2017-08-26, 16:36:22
Reply #14

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
I have inspected the provided CXR and conf:
  • the image contains only beauty
  • it is already denoised and the conf has denoising turned off, so the command-line editor version (CLI) running behind the batch script is not performing any denoising
  • the conf switches bloom and glare on, hence the effects has to be computed both in CLI (automatically) and GUI (after manual loading the conf)

I see nothing wrong. The CLI version (and hence the batch script) is pretty swift on my machine. It takes about 3 seconds to process it. I doubt that I would be able to do it faster in GUI by hand.

I have also checked CLI executable what it truly does for that file. Everything seemed OK.

Is it slower every time? Even on different machines? What corona version do you use?

2017-08-30, 20:55:38
Reply #15

hkezer

• Active Users
  • kezerco
    • View Profile
hi, I am done with the job so we cleaned the stuff a bit, I was using 1.6horfix2, since rebusfarm only has that ( iwas using daily 1.7 actually but for rebus, we merged the file into new one). and these were the files. For me the script took around 10-15 seconds, maybe there was a problem with my computer I dont know. But in near future ill have something similar.

but some pointers

- yes it had only beauty, since its the only one I needed for that project
- What do you mean? Was it disabling the denoise and then saving? I made it wrong i guess
- about bloom, should it be off? I am not sure what do I understand about it

A question for rebus, I asked them what should i do for denoised image, because as we know, the render will finish, and then the denoise start, so I thought they might just stop it right there. So I asked them and they said I need to save it as CXR, but for example the next project is going to have around 10.000 frames, and that will be HUGE! to download and convert, do you know or suggest any other way?

I have inspected the provided CXR and conf:
  • the image contains only beauty
  • it is already denoised and the conf has denoising turned off, so the command-line editor version (CLI) running behind the batch script is not performing any denoising
  • the conf switches bloom and glare on, hence the effects has to be computed both in CLI (automatically) and GUI (after manual loading the conf)

I see nothing wrong. The CLI version (and hence the batch script) is pretty swift on my machine. It takes about 3 seconds to process it. I doubt that I would be able to do it faster in GUI by hand.

I have also checked CLI executable what it truly does for that file. Everything seemed OK.

Is it slower every time? Even on different machines? What corona version do you use?

co-founder @ ivaBOX

2017-08-31, 11:39:08
Reply #16

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
hi, I am done with the job so we cleaned the stuff a bit, I was using 1.6horfix2, since rebusfarm only has that ( iwas using daily 1.7 actually but for rebus, we merged the file into new one). and these were the files. For me the script took around 10-15 seconds, maybe there was a problem with my computer I dont know. But in near future ill have something similar.
OK, I understand. What I would like to ask you to do is test it on a different computer, since we are not able to reproduce such behavior for the files you have sent us. Would that be possible? The command-line version definitely should not be slower than the GUI version. And the batch script just runs the command-line version and passes a configuration to it.

- yes it had only beauty, since its the only one I needed for that project
No problem here. I was just saying ...

- What do you mean? Was it disabling the denoise and then saving? I made it wrong i guess
No problem here either. It was OK. The CXR image from Rebus is already denoised. You can open the image in CIE (GUI) and check it in the combo box for switching render elements. There is a "[Denoised]" mark next to element's name. The configuration file has denoising turned off. In your case it just means that the command-line CIE, i.e. the batch script, won't denoise it again.

- about bloom, should it be off? I am not sure what do I understand about it
It is turned on because you have requested it. It is not a problem. Computing bloom and glare takes some time, but shall be the same for both the GUI and command-line version. Again, I was just saying ...

A question for rebus, I asked them what should i do for denoised image, because as we know, the render will finish, and then the denoise start, so I thought they might just stop it right there. So I asked them and they said I need to save it as CXR, but for example the next project is going to have around 10.000 frames, and that will be HUGE! to download and convert, do you know or suggest any other way?
Using the script is probably the way you want to go (form my point of view). It is strange that it takes more time to finish. It would be helpful if you could test it on a different machine (measure how many seconds it takes it in GUI and in the command-line version, visually check if outputs are the same). Maybe it is something wrong with your Windows setup. Hard to say.

2017-12-30, 01:07:10
Reply #17

alapierre

• Users
    • View Profile
Regarding activating in the script "Run denoising"...

The script seems to work for me regarding everything, saving in png also. But for some reason I'm not able to have it 'Run denoising' - which works if I do it by hand and save.

How do you set the script or configure it to activate the denoiser as if you were doing it by hand ?

Thank you

2018-01-02, 10:51:55
Reply #18

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Regarding activating in the script "Run denoising"...

The script seems to work for me regarding everything, saving in png also. But for some reason I'm not able to have it 'Run denoising' - which works if I do it by hand and save.

How do you set the script or configure it to activate the denoiser as if you were doing it by hand ?

Thank you
Hi, it is possible - you need to set the denoise.filterType option to Full. This can be done either explicitly on the command line, or via a config file saved from GUI after running denoising there. See CoronaImageCmd.exe --list-examples for example usage of the option.

2018-02-02, 15:36:10
Reply #19

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
can someone pls tell me what I'm doing wrong...

see linked video - grts

2018-02-02, 17:50:51
Reply #20

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
what I'm doing wrong...

Nothing. You just need a newer Corona Image Editor, here is the fix in the daylies changelog:

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=17972.msg116663#msg116663

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2018-02-04, 08:42:15
Reply #21

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
ok so i used the corona image editor from corona 1.7 hotfix 2 and i'm still getting an error saying something in the sense of:

Error: "Image """ is missing channel "CORONA FB_WEIGHTS, expected to contain pixel weights"

Then (this is where it gets funny) it states please refer to the help file. There is not even any mention of CORONA FB_WEIGHTS - WHAT THE HELL ARE CORONA FB WEIGHTS?

Personaly I think it's pretty bad that I'm stuck with this for 2 days, that there's no decent video tutorial on how to use this and I'm scraping together info on the forums how to use it decent.

I'm not an IT tech guy, I'm an artistic architectural visual designer - I dont want to occupy myself with this, it's a waste of time, so please help me out so I can move forward for once, I'm puliing nighters to meet my deadlines, this isnt helping me so far..

Srry if I ranted somewhat - I'm tired and I need this fixed.

2018-02-05, 09:10:08
Reply #22

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
ok so i used the corona image editor from corona 1.7 hotfix 2

1.7.2 is from Nov 29 2017. The fix mentioned is from Dec 14 - 2 weeks later.

I would grab the newest daily here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mswauuv1afec8am/AAA5OKrd_QujokDM3mxQ7S40a
(currently "Corona_2018-01-31.exe")

and do a custom install with only the image editor taged.

FB_WEIGHTS - WHAT THE HELL ARE CORONA FB WEIGHTS?

It's the sample focus data inside the CXR.

Basically if you have some urgent issues I would rather

- open a helpdesk ticket https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

or

- use the "I need help" section of the forum as it is permanently scanned by support

You will propably get an answer within a few hours if not minutes there. Anyway, I wonder why nobody answered here because usually support reads every single post.

Good Luck

2018-02-05, 10:59:15
Reply #23

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
ok so i used the corona image editor from corona 1.7 hotfix 2 and i'm still getting an error saying something in the sense of:

Error: "Image """ is missing channel "CORONA FB_WEIGHTS, expected to contain pixel weights"

Then (this is where it gets funny) it states please refer to the help file. There is not even any mention of CORONA FB_WEIGHTS - WHAT THE HELL ARE CORONA FB WEIGHTS?

Personaly I think it's pretty bad that I'm stuck with this for 2 days, that there's no decent video tutorial on how to use this and I'm scraping together info on the forums how to use it decent.

I'm not an IT tech guy, I'm an artistic architectural visual designer - I dont want to occupy myself with this, it's a waste of time, so please help me out so I can move forward for once, I'm puliing nighters to meet my deadlines, this isnt helping me so far..

Srry if I ranted somewhat - I'm tired and I need this fixed.

Hi, as Frood already said - you need newer CoronaImageCmd.exe from v2 dailies. The one from v1.7.2 won't help you with this because the switch for selecting render elements (-e), that the batch script uses, is unfortunately broken there. It should work in v2. So grab the latest daily, run the installer, select to Unpack, get the CoronaImageCmd.exe from the unpacked folder, and overwrite the one in C:\Program Files\Corona with it. Then the batch script should work.

(BTW, the "CORONA_FB_WEIGHTS" is a name of a channel holding weight of each single pixel. This is required to merge files together, as stated directly next to the error message in your screen capture. You can select different weight channel by using -w switch, as stated in help printed when running CoronaImageCmd.exe -h, as advised there too. ... But this is not source of your problems.)
« Last Edit: 2018-02-05, 11:02:57 by mike288 »

2018-02-15, 15:57:37
Reply #24

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
thanks for the help so far guys - it's working now, still with errors though - it seems to randomly say to a few frames "error reading file" - although it opens fine?...

Grts

2018-02-16, 17:13:15
Reply #25

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
thanks for the help so far guys - it's working now, still with errors though - it seems to randomly say to a few frames "error reading file" - although it opens fine?...

Grts
You say randomly - does it mean that each time it fails on a different file? Or it is always the CShading_LightMix0009.cxr but sometimes it does not happen? Does it happen also on a different computer?

2018-02-19, 01:01:58
Reply #26

3dboomerang

• Active Users
  • Head of 3D
    • View Profile
    • 3DFLOW
i mean like every few succesful lines he's giving me a few rotten ones saying cannot read write to disk (see attachment)

this is for about 10% of the frames, then i need to restart the proces and hope there's no overlap -

totaly insaine waste of time but ok

2018-02-19, 06:32:09
Reply #27

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
did you try running it on some other computer? can you please upload your files via our private uploader so I can investigate it?

2018-03-14, 09:19:42
Reply #28

Blackpixels

• Users
    • View Profile
Very interesting stuff. Does it work with Cinema4d? In Corona VFB i find a way saving the Crt but i can find a way how to select exr crt for batch rendering. It is still in developing or am i missing something?

www.blackpixels.net

all the best,
Eval

2018-03-14, 12:21:08
Reply #29

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Batch rendering in the CIE is done by script, so is independent of what software was used to create the CXR. However, if you mean "is there script for macOS" that would be a different question, as there isn't one at the moment.

EDIT - and of course the script is right at the start of this particular thread, for Windows that is :)

2018-03-14, 16:36:20
Reply #30

Blackpixels

• Users
    • View Profile
thank you for replying. Maybe i was not clear with my question:

Do i need CRT EXR image sequence to make it work? As i find a way how to save 1 frame CRT EXR using Corona VFB but cant find the way how to do that with batch render. As in the settings there are no choices for CRT EXR. Only standard EXR.
Using cinema R18 

2018-03-14, 17:54:26
Reply #31

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, so you mean saving a sequence of images from C4D to CXR format (and not the batch processing of them in the CIE once saved) - not currently possible, as you can only save to CXR from the VFB for the moment. Saving from the native C4D file selectors (from the native Picture Viewer, or the Save options in the render settings) is on the road map: https://trello.com/c/Saw1LcWQ/49-cxr-saving-support-in-picture-viewer

2018-03-15, 12:45:06
Reply #32

Blackpixels

• Users
    • View Profile
yea exactly. So "Batch Editing Images with Corona Image Editor" this is not possible at the moment for C4d, correct?

thank you for your answers!

2018-03-15, 13:19:38
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No, batch editing in the CIE is possible, so long as you are on Windows. However, you would have to save the images one-by-one from C4D at the moment. This means it would be impractical to, say, use the CIE to edit an animation afterward, not because the batch editing isn't possible, but because saving the files out in CXR format would mean rendering and saving one frame at a time. However, if you created 4 or 8 still images and wanted to batch edit them, then on Windows you could indeed batch edit them just fine, as the batch editing aspect does work :)

2018-03-16, 13:25:44
Reply #34

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Can't get the batch to actually process anything.

No files created and seems to get stuck trying to process the .conf and any other files in the same folder as an image??

What am I doing wrong?

version 1.7.3 / 3ds max 2018

EDIT: OK changed inputElement from * to BEAUTY and now works!
« Last Edit: 2018-03-16, 13:58:00 by jrgby »

2018-03-16, 14:26:09
Reply #35

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Or you can use command-line CIE from Corona v2 dailies where the bug is already fixed. You can just replace the C:\Program Files\Corona\CoronaImageCmd.exe with the one from unpacked daily.

2018-04-04, 09:25:03
Reply #36

Blaacksheep

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,

the previously mentioned dropbox link ...
... is not working any more. Is there another location where to download from the daily build?
Thanks

2018-04-04, 09:28:58
Reply #37

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi all,

the previously mentioned dropbox link ...
... is not working any more. Is there another location where to download from the daily build?
Thanks
Works for me ...

2018-04-04, 11:14:22
Reply #38

Blaacksheep

• Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

it was my mistake, my server connection blocked it previously.

2018-06-02, 07:36:51
Reply #39

Radhika

• Users
    • View Profile
I am not able to use this script.
I am facing this problem.

Error: Cannot read image file "CoronaImageBatch.bat". File is not a supported image file. Please read the help for the editor. The appropriate part of the help can be printed out by using one of the --help, --list-properties, or --list-examples arguments. Processing D:\Shared Folder\New folder\Cam_030004.cxr

Please help me out.

2018-06-02, 09:51:35
Reply #40

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
I am not able to use this script.
I am facing this problem.

Error: Cannot read image file "CoronaImageBatch.bat". File is not a supported image file. Please read the help for the editor. The appropriate part of the help can be printed out by using one of the --help, --list-properties, or --list-examples arguments. Processing D:\Shared Folder\New folder\Cam_030004.cxr

Please help me out.
Use command-line CIE from Corona v2 dailies where this bug is already fixed. You can just replace the C:\Program Files\Corona\CoronaImageCmd.exe with the one from unpacked daily. Then the script should work as expected.

2018-06-04, 06:28:58
Reply #41

Radhika

• Users
    • View Profile
Use command-line CIE from Corona v2 dailies where this bug is already fixed. You can just replace the C:\Program Files\Corona\CoronaImageCmd.exe with the one from unpacked daily. Then the script should work as expected.

I tried still its not working ,
showing the same error.

2018-06-04, 15:18:28
Reply #42

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Just making sure: did you remove the previous version, and then installed the one from https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015 ?

2018-08-01, 11:57:21
Reply #43

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm getting the sky portion of my renders lost to alpha when I set .bat to save as png

Is there any way to tell it save as png RGB 24bit? (this fixes the issue in VFB, but CIE does not have any save as options)

Also getting this message roughly every 50 frames or so:

Error: Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element).
However, the frames can be processed manually without a problem (8/200 frames affected).

Thanks,
J

2018-08-01, 13:17:11
Reply #44

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I'm getting the sky portion of my renders lost to alpha when I set .bat to save as png

Is there any way to tell it save as png RGB 24bit? (this fixes the issue in VFB, but CIE does not have any save as options)

Also getting this message roughly every 50 frames or so:

Error: Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element).
However, the frames can be processed manually without a problem (8/200 frames affected).

Thanks,
J

Thanks for reporting. We will look into this.
Do you also get the alpha channel lost if you export to some other format? (preferably EXR)

2018-08-06, 20:38:24
Reply #45

Ironman2015

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
OK, I've created a animated sequence of .crx files and put them into one folder. Brought the CoronaImageBatch.bat into the same folder. Installed the new Corona_2018-07-24 daily build with the updated CIE build 3. Saved out my postprocess and light config files and I get this window when launching the .bat file. It appears for about 5 seconds disappears and then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.   

2018-08-07, 08:43:16
Reply #46

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,
OK, I've created a animated sequence of .crx files and put them into one folder. Brought the CoronaImageBatch.bat into the same folder. Installed the new Corona_2018-07-24 daily build with the updated CIE build 3. Saved out my postprocess and light config files and I get this window when launching the .bat file. It appears for about 5 seconds disappears and then nothing happens. What am I doing wrong.   
Network paths are not supported by cmd.exe - it is Windows thing. Either map that path as a network drive, or copy your files to some local folder. ;-)

P.S. posting the same question into several threads is not necessary. For a new topic that is not being discussed elsewhere it is always the best to create a separate thread.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-07, 08:47:32 by mike288 »

2018-09-05, 09:44:18
Reply #47

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
    • Giona Andreani 3D Visualization
Hi,

I'm testing the batch editing to apply denoise to an animation, but during the process some random frames gives an error "Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element)".
(see picture in attachment)

I edited the .bat to denoise only the BEAUTY pass, and if I manually open the frames that are giving errors they are perfectly fine and I can denoise and save them.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks

2018-09-05, 09:56:22
Reply #48

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

I'm testing the batch editing to apply denoise to an animation, but during the process some random frames gives an error "Render element does not exist, or cannot be considered for denoising (it is hidden, or it is not an RGB element)".

I edited the .bat to denoise only the BEAUTY pass, and if I manually open the frames that are giving errors they are perfectly fine and I can denoise and save them.

Thanks
Hi, please, can you privately upload (https://corona-renderer.com/upload) some of the failed CXR frames so we can investigate it?

2018-09-05, 10:11:13
Reply #49

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile
Hi, please, can you privately upload (https://corona-renderer.com/upload) some of the failed CXR frames so we can investigate it?

Sure, I just uploaded a failed cxr. (test0007.cxr)
You can find more of them (test0009, test0013) into the private dropbox folder.

Thanks!

2018-09-05, 11:07:34
Reply #50

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile

Thanks!
Thanks. And which CIE and Corona version do you use? Can you please try to run the script with latest daily? Seems to work for me.

2018-09-05, 11:41:51
Reply #51

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile

Thanks!
Thanks. And which CIE and Corona version do you use? Can you please try to run the script with latest daily? Seems to work for me.

I'm using Corona 2.0 Final.
Is it possible to download only the latest batch script without install the daily build of corona?

Thanks

2018-09-06, 09:38:43
Reply #52

Giona

• Active Users
  • 3D - MTB - Photography
    • View Profile

Hi Mike288, I tried to install the latest daily build and run the script again. Now it gives errors more frequently than before..
This is a huge problem for me, because I need to manually denoise all the missing frames of the animation.

2018-09-06, 10:14:42
Reply #53

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here are my findings so far:
-PNG and "lost" background - this depends on the software you are using. Photoshop is not very good at this, and it will always (?) treat background as alpha. But if you open your image in Fusion, you can use the "make alpha solid" option, which will remove the transparency, an will show the background.
-Errors when processing with the batch tool - I downloaded your sample CXR files from our Dropbox repository, saved a .conf file with a few tweaks and denoising enabled, and processed all of those frames with no errors whatsoever. I am using Corona Image Editor from the latest daily build (30.08).
Are you sure that you are not running out of RAM during the processing of the frames?

2018-09-06, 16:30:51
Reply #54

karnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have random errors when working with CoronaImageBatch.BAT and CXR frames of an animation.
I edited the BAT file and added a pause at the end of each frame in the loop, and this reduced the error count.
Might this be related to the hard disk access?

edit.
It was an issue on my end.
« Last Edit: 2018-11-24, 15:24:56 by karnak »
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2018-09-06, 17:46:28
Reply #55

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I also have random errors when working with CoronaImageBatch.BAT and CXR frames of an animation.
I edited the BAT file and added a pause at the end of each frame in the loop, and this reduced the error count.
Might this be related to the hard disk access?
What are these errors? Can you tell us more?

2018-09-06, 18:28:25
Reply #56

karnak

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mostly the one below. The frames with the errors are not always the same.

Code: [Select]
Error: There are not selected any render elements that can be saved. You need to select at least one.
Corona Academy (May 2017)

2018-09-12, 12:53:43
Reply #57

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has but can I tell the batch script what format to output, and/or which elements I would like to be saved with the beauty pass?

Thanks

2018-09-12, 16:29:44
Reply #58

fraine7

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Never mind, I found out that the .bat file is just an editable text document and everything inside is commented to make for easy editing - thanks

2018-09-12, 16:35:47
Reply #59

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Not sure if this has been asked before, apologies if it has but can I tell the batch script what format to output, and/or which elements I would like to be saved with the beauty pass?
Yes, you can find both things in the provided example/readme.

:: Selects a render element that should be processed and saved. It could be
:: either the name of a single render element as it is presented in the GUI
:: version of the editor (for instance, the beauty render element BEAUTY),
:: or the asterisk symbol (*) for selecting all render elements at once.
set inputElement=*

:: Selects an image format to use for saving output images. Could be either
:: png, bmp, jpg, exr, or cxr for the Corona EXR format.
set outputFormat=png

2019-05-16, 13:56:12
Reply #60

KC149

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Team,
So I'm using this for the first time on a set of images, it seems to work but only for what looks like random passes depending on the view. For the passes that it doesn't work on, I get an error message in the CMD window saying "file-name.exr -- Image resolution must be at least 1x1, you asked for 0x0" I cant see anywhere in the Config or Bat file to set this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2019-05-21, 10:00:16
Reply #61

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi Team,
So I'm using this for the first time on a set of images, it seems to work but only for what looks like random passes depending on the view. For the passes that it doesn't work on, I get an error message in the CMD window saying "file-name.exr -- Image resolution must be at least 1x1, you asked for 0x0" I cant see anywhere in the Config or Bat file to set this.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Hi, do the failed passes actually contain some valid pixel data if you open them? What is your output format? Is it EXR? And what happens when you try to use PNG or some other format instead? Can you upload one of the failed passes (private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload )?

2019-07-26, 12:58:56
Reply #62

SandrineC

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys !
I try to edit the batch file that you gave but my knowlage in script is limited :)

I would like to define a list of render elements that'll be exported
Today, we only have the choice to export all the render elements or only one

How it you be possible to make a selection of just some of them ?

Thanks

2019-07-29, 08:21:13
Reply #63

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi, it is not possible right now, unless you run the script multiple times in some loop.

2020-03-04, 13:00:35
Reply #64

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread. Can the Batch script use the postprocess settings that are already in the CXR?
Im finding the process of having to open the CXR to save out a TIF of that CXR pretty cumbersome when youre dealing with a studio's worth of images.
« Last Edit: 2020-03-04, 13:38:42 by Jpjapers »

2020-03-04, 13:33:18
Reply #65

PauloRosario

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Let me take advantage that Jpjapers resurrected the post to ask:
Batch currently saves the output in the same folder as the original .CXR file. How can I edit it so that it starts to create a sub-folder called "Outputs" and save the outputs inside it?

2020-03-04, 17:27:06
Reply #66

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for your suggestions! I will be sure to log them.

2020-03-05, 10:05:33
Reply #67

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Let me take advantage that Jpjapers resurrected the post to ask:
Batch currently saves the output in the same folder as the original .CXR file. How can I edit it so that it starts to create a sub-folder called "Outputs" and save the outputs inside it?
Hi, you can always script it and move results wherever needed.

2020-03-05, 10:15:39
Reply #68

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Sorry to resurrect a dead thread. Can the Batch script use the postprocess settings that are already in the CXR?
Im finding the process of having to open the CXR to save out a TIF of that CXR pretty cumbersome when youre dealing with a studio's worth of images.
Hi, IMO it works by default when you remove the alongside Postprocess.conf file. The file works as override of the settings baked in CXRs.

2020-03-05, 13:51:47
Reply #69

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, IMO it works by default when you remove the alongside Postprocess.conf file. The file works as override of the settings baked in CXRs.

True but to be able to batch process them you are bound to using the corona batch file method. If you open it as an EXR the tonemapping settings are lost completely and just saves out as default tonemapping which is a shame.
If it played a little nicer you could just have media encoder watch your render output folder and automatically spit out TIFFs and half res preview JPEGs.

2020-04-14, 04:06:09
Reply #70

GeorgeR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have 2 questions, regarding the command line options rather than the batch script:
1) Can I set format output options, like 16 or 32bit for EXR, and with or without alpha?
2) Can I set the output using tokens, like {name}_{frame}_post_{element}.{format}?

2020-04-15, 09:25:58
Reply #71

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
I have 2 questions, regarding the command line options rather than the batch script:
1) Can I set format output options, like 16 or 32bit for EXR, and with or without alpha?
2) Can I set the output using tokens, like {name}_{frame}_post_{element}.{format}?
Hi, EXRs get always saved with alpha and with 32bit depth. There is no token support, but you can script it and rename outputs to whatever needed.

2020-04-15, 09:40:34
Reply #72

NicolasC

• Active Users
  • CG supervisor / teacher / artist
    • View Profile
Hello :)

I sort of jump into this thread to share an opinion about batch editing imaging with CIE. I think this method doesn't match the Corona philosophy ... user-friendly, simple, straight-forward, but powerful nonetheless. Do you guys have plans to propose a GUI for batch editing images with the CIE ? it would be amazing to fine-tune an image in the CIE, and then call batch editing from a simple menu, aim a folder where the images to edit are saved, set a few options, and go !
Despite the fact I'm old enough to have known DOS commands time as a daily stuff, I think command line things should stay something from the past ;)

Well, my 2 cents :P
Nicolas Caplat
CG supervisor / teacher / artist

2020-04-16, 15:00:54
Reply #73

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hello :)

I sort of jump into this thread to share an opinion about batch editing imaging with CIE. I think this method doesn't match the Corona philosophy ... user-friendly, simple, straight-forward, but powerful nonetheless. Do you guys have plans to propose a GUI for batch editing images with the CIE ? it would be amazing to fine-tune an image in the CIE, and then call batch editing from a simple menu, aim a folder where the images to edit are saved, set a few options, and go !
Despite the fact I'm old enough to have known DOS commands time as a daily stuff, I think command line things should stay something from the past ;)

Well, my 2 cents :P

Hi, thank you for your input. You are right, but I must say that the batch editing script has never been an official tool meant for a wide audience and has never been part of Corona releases. It was given to the community as an example showing how some Corona expert users or render farms could plug the command-line CIE into their workflows. In the future, we might introduce more user-friendly ways how to deal with such things but there is no time estimate for that right now.

2020-08-03, 16:59:55
Reply #74

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

Thanks

This is fixed in V6 RC1. If possible, please test it and report if it ever happens again.

2021-06-14, 14:18:09
Reply #75

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
This batch script is super handy. Any chance you could update it (points to the wrong exe location, and also would ideally not default to CXR - I've changed it manually but would be worth updating) and think about building it directly into the CIE?

Cheers,
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-07-23, 11:37:02
Reply #76

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
This batch script is super handy. Any chance you could update it (points to the wrong exe location, and also would ideally not default to CXR - I've changed it manually but would be worth updating) and think about building it directly into the CIE?

Cheers,

Hi Alex, that script is not something official from us - it was meant only to show case what can be done with scripting. People can freely take it as starting point and adapt it for their needs. As for building it into CIE - we have this request logged. Unfortunately, compared to other things it has lower prio. But we are aware. Thanks for your input on this. :-)

2022-12-15, 13:52:50
Reply #77

dzintas

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello, sorry for disturbing this slumbering topic, but I was curious. Is there are any plans to update the script, or someone updated it themselves?

Cause there is a problem with it, after we got up updated CIE with corona8. You can no longer just run the script without postprocess config file. Otherwise it wouldn't apply any tonemapping, to saved images at all. It's not much of a problem until you have image sequence with animated exposure value and from post file you get static one. 

2022-12-15, 14:53:32
Reply #78

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
You can no longer just run the script without postprocess config file.

Yes, this is a bug and my droplets also don't work anymore. Had to manually convert a bunch of images today. Very annoying. This issue (along with the broken "Reset" feature in CIE) is worth a hotfix.

Edit: Fixed in V10 RC3.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2023-06-12, 22:15:36 by Frood »

2023-08-09, 20:42:22
Reply #79

Waseem Dabbas

• Active Users
  • Architectural Visualizer
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Hi,

It seems that in Corona version 10  CoronaImageBatch doesnt work properly, it works only the first image in the folder path which it became useless, does anyone encounter this problem? Are there any solutions found?

Thanks
« Last Edit: 2023-08-09, 20:47:06 by Waseem Dabbas »

2023-08-23, 17:24:39
Reply #80

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,

It seems that in Corona version 10  CoronaImageBatch doesnt work properly, it works only the first image in the folder path which it became useless, does anyone encounter this problem? Are there any solutions found?

Thanks

Continued here: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=40716.0

2024-03-21, 10:58:26
Reply #81

cgmatt27

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

I've been using the corona batch script for the corona image editor.
Great development by the way and I'm very gratefull for the script. But I don't understand how to change the behaviour of the script as it only operates for 100 frames and then stops.
How can I edit this ?

thank you

2024-03-27, 13:17:54
Reply #82

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Continued through the support portal and logged for the devs.

(Report ID=CMAX-834)