Author Topic: Tone Mapping Settings Stored in Metadata of EXR?  (Read 2118 times)

2017-06-08, 12:22:46

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm not technical at all - but is it possible to have your tonemapping settings stored in the metadata of a file saved from the frame buffer.

I've just opened a scene and the file was saved with the tonemapping at default (i'd reset it to get passes without tonemapping) - no I can't remember what tone mapping settings I'd used and I need my new render to match the old one.

It would be great if I could grab that info from the previously saved render

2017-06-08, 13:06:14
Reply #1

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
We already do that, but not in regular EXR since 3ds Max does not allow us to add additional non-image data.

When you save the result in CXR format, it is basically just a regular EXR with additional attributes like the tone mapping settings.

2017-06-08, 15:47:43
Reply #2

dj_buckley

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Perfect - can I work with the CXR's in Photoshop or just CIE?

2017-06-08, 16:48:27
Reply #3

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
If you open CXR in CIE, you will see all set values as they were in VFB and everything will work as expected. If you rename .cxr extension to .exr, you will be able to open it in Photoshop, but no tone mapping settings etc. will be loaded because these are specific to Corona.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload