Author Topic: Light Intensity Value at Infobox  (Read 2327 times)

2018-11-20, 08:30:39

hpenbeoglu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Small advive, little tweaks on UI. Showing light intesity value (5000/lumen) at infobox might be helpful.

2018-11-21, 18:19:38
Reply #1

Jan Špaček

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, I'm not sure I understand you. Can you please describe in more detail what you mean?

2018-11-21, 20:11:54
Reply #2

spr0ckets

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think he means this (below) ArchiCAD's standard Infobox bar at the top with properties for any selected element.

ArchiCAD's Infobox already has an "intensity" control for any light object as you can see, but I don't believe it's related or connected to the one you have for the Corona light when you click on the actual light and open the properties dialog box, since your "Intensity" control is in real world values (Lumens, Candelas, watts, etc) while the ArchiCAD one on the infobox is just a gradation of percentage (out of 100%).

If I understand him correctly, he would like to be able to control the Corona light directly from ArchiCAD's infobox (without using the standard (%) intensity control, but instead using the Corona Intensity value control but not having to open the properties dialog.

Does that make sense?

2018-11-22, 17:10:46
Reply #3

Jan Špaček

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, that makes sense, thanks for the clarification! However, I'm afraid that GDL elements cannot modify the infobox, but the Corona light should at least support the intensity percentage and color value that are already available.

2018-11-23, 09:14:54
Reply #4

hpenbeoglu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think he means this (below) ArchiCAD's standard Infobox bar at the top with properties for any selected element.

ArchiCAD's Infobox already has an "intensity" control for any light object as you can see, but I don't believe it's related or connected to the one you have for the Corona light when you click on the actual light and open the properties dialog box, since your "Intensity" control is in real world values (Lumens, Candelas, watts, etc) while the ArchiCAD one on the infobox is just a gradation of percentage (out of 100%).

If I understand him correctly, he would like to be able to control the Corona light directly from ArchiCAD's infobox (without using the standard (%) intensity control, but instead using the Corona Intensity value control but not having to open the properties dialog.

Does that make sense?

Yes, that is exactly what I was trying to describe. Thank you!

Infobox shows selected settinsgs of the tool (wall, object, light, etc). It help user to access some settings easily without opening any window. You can modify it under Options/Work Env/Info Box.. menu. I dont know is it something you can do without GRAPHISOFT, but I hope you can :)