Author Topic: Suspension of Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD development  (Read 59348 times)

2021-07-17, 16:58:07
Reply #45

raffe3003

• Active Users
    • View Profile
No news, no plans, sorry.
Oh, Tom you break our hearts...

2021-07-18, 21:20:45
Reply #46

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for that :( The only good Heartbreakers are the ones that went along with another different Tom ;)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-10-02, 14:00:50
Reply #47

Adam Cigler

• Users
    • View Profile
Please continue developing corona for archicad! Or just make Build for  archicad 24 and 25 of version corona which is already done. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!  :))) we are really enjoing corona renderer in our office. We didnt update archicad since 23 just because of corona, it is so helpfull do everithing in one software.

2021-10-02, 14:19:56
Reply #48

Adam Cigler

• Users
    • View Profile
We will be happy to pay for licence if you port it to AC 24 or 25! please:)

2021-11-05, 15:36:39
Reply #49

agnesenicchio

• Users
    • View Profile
Agree with Adam.

We will be happy to pay for Archicad 25 release.
Any good news?

thankyou

2021-11-11, 13:47:45
Reply #50

Romarrio

• Users
    • View Profile
Sorry for that :( The only good Heartbreakers are the ones that went along with another different Tom ;)

Hello Tom (Heartbreaker)! :)
I know for myself, sometimes it takes 5 minutes, requires moral preparation for a week or even more (this happens when you are busy with other very important things).

Therefore, there is a suggestion - I come to your office with a case of beer (so that you would be distracted from important things! ) and you and I make a location for Archicad 25 in one evening!

Is it a deal?!

P.s. Warn in advance what kind of beer you prefer!
« Last Edit: 2021-11-30, 13:15:45 by Romarrio »

2021-12-02, 18:27:02
Reply #51

jingoloba

• Users
    • View Profile
Any news for developing Corona for Archicad ?

Best Regards

2021-12-02, 19:44:17
Reply #52

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just the news of this thread, that development is suspended, and there are no plans at present to develop Corona for anything other than 3ds Max and C4D, sorry.

2021-12-03, 10:13:30
Reply #53

Scope

• Active Users
    • View Profile
That's so sad, I wish there was some more software supported. People are even developing their own plugins at this point.

2022-04-14, 21:31:14
Reply #54

hpenbeoglu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After being acquired by Chaos, I have no hope on this project because the Chaos group definitely hates Archicad users. Please tell me the opposite :/

2022-04-15, 16:09:40
Reply #55

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
There are still no plans to develop Corona for ARCHICAD - this is unrelated to merging with Chaos (5 years ago now...) and is simply due to not wanting to slow down development by adding another host application to support, meaning we remain focused on only C4D and Max (ARCHICAD is in no way singled out, we have no plans to port Corona to any other host app).

2022-04-15, 17:46:51
Reply #56

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
After being acquired by Chaos, I have no hope on this project because the Chaos group definitely hates Archicad users. Please tell me the opposite :/

Enscape is a part of Chaos Group and it supports Archicad: https://enscape3d.com/archicad-rendering/
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2022-05-04, 14:41:22
Reply #57

raffe3003

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Enscape is a part of Chaos Group and it supports Archicad: https://enscape3d.com/archicad-rendering/
There is some truth in that... Enscape is well configured to work with Archicad but this is not due to Chaos. Corona was already working great as a beta version, we find it hard to understand why the project was discontinued.

2022-05-04, 14:50:39
Reply #58

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The reasons are not hard to understand and are explained in the first post in this thread - there simply are not enough developers on the team to expand into adapting Corona for another piece of software. To do so would mean taking people away from the existing teams and dramatically slowing down development of Corona for Max and C4D, which we are not willing to do as we have too many established users relying on us and the software. No-one would be happy with one release every 2 years, or releases in similar timeframes as current but which had half or a quarter of the features we normally put into a release, and the impact to development time would likely be on that kind of a scale.

We are not willing to compromise on our support of our existing user base, and this means we are not considering developing Corona for any other software, sorry.

2022-05-06, 10:54:15
Reply #59

mauro_lck

• Active Users
    • View Profile
you have started a corona road map for archicad and have enticed certain professionals, the truth is that since you were acquired by Chaos you have been liked by higher orders. harsh truth