Author Topic: Suspension of Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD development  (Read 59349 times)

2020-03-30, 17:25:25

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Suspension of Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD development

We're sorry to have to announce the suspension of development on Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD. Our apologies to our Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD users, please know that we share your disappointment and that this was a very difficult decision for us to take. We've kept working on this as long as possible - right up to releasing a new daily build on Monday March 23rd - in the hopes that we could find a way to continue development without any interruption, but that has proven impossible.

The primary cause is finding enough good developers and related staff - this is hard at the best of times, and in the current world situation, is tougher than ever (by the way, if you know of anyone who has found themselves looking for work due to a change in circumstances, send them to https://corona-renderer.com/about/jobs ). Alex has done an amazing job in carrying the development through to its current advanced stage, but to push further forward and move toward an actual release, we'd need a larger team, and that is just not going to happen at the moment.

After re-evaluating our strategies and plans in the current environment, we've decided to move Alex on to the Core team, and pause the development for ARCHICAD for an unknown amount of time.

Please note that this is specific to Corona Renderer for ARCHICAD only. Corona Renderer for 3ds Max and Corona Renderer for Cinema 4D are unaffected, as is the company as a whole, and development on those is continuing with no change.

Meantime, if you are a developer, or have skills in QA, support, project management, etc., do please visit our jobs page at https://corona-renderer.com/about/jobs and get in touch with us. Even if hiring is impacted right now by travel restrictions etc., we can keep your information on file for when things return to normal.
« Last Edit: 2021-01-13, 14:20:54 by maru »
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-03-30, 17:36:16
Reply #1

alexhajdu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • SW engineer - ArchiCAD
    • View Profile
Hello everybody!

It was a hard week and you probably now understand, why I was not very active on the forum recently. I see all your posts about issues in the latest release and I'll make my best to find some spare time and fix critical issues. Also, I'm here to make support, so don't be afraid to ask questions or report new bugs or features.
I will find couple of minutes for the support for sure...

I'm kinda sad, it was a great time spent with a great community. I hope this is only a temporary situation and I'll be back on the project in the near future.

Stay safe and keep doing great work!

2020-03-30, 19:56:17
Reply #2

tma

• Active Users
    • View Profile
So Sad ( While not really surprised,...;( )

Let's hope for better days ..for all of us.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-01, 12:40:33 by tma »
ARCHICAD 21-22
Corona ArchiCAD Alpha 5

2020-03-31, 13:08:41
Reply #3

SAFS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh no !

I hope Corona decision is temporary and in near future You will continou working on it - it's worth it !
Meanwhile - good luck !

2020-03-31, 14:54:44
Reply #4

Ole

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is very sad, but the alpha 5 is still far, far better than the integrated Cinerender in Archicad.
We will keep using it until you pry it from our corona infected, dead hands.

Ole

2020-04-01, 10:20:37
Reply #5

maknu

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Crap. I had to check if it was april 1st yesterday...
Great effort so far and really interesting too see what can be done. I was hoping that one not yet announced secret was that Corona would replace Cinerender in AC24.
Back to reality and again thanks for the commitment.
/Mats

2020-04-01, 20:22:44
Reply #6

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile
I'm sad 😔 to hear that my 2 best working flow in my ferm is archicad and with Corona Renderer it's unstoppable I hope you Will be back soon my best wishes for you guys
EHABHD Corona Renderer user ARCHICAD,CINEMA4D

2020-04-01, 20:34:13
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We'd like to thank everyone for your comments, for all the support you are showing. We too share your disappointment of course, and we will keep you updated on news - hopefully with some bug fixes for the last daily if we can, and if plans change again longer term and we can resume work, you will all be the first to hear of course.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-09, 12:55:25
Reply #8

liukperry

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you, we still hope you can work again on it,  not to loose all the amazing work you have done. It will be difficult to live without Corona for AC!!!

2020-04-09, 17:03:15
Reply #9

nicochile

• Users
    • View Profile

2020-04-10, 00:56:46
Reply #10

karolorbe

• Users
    • View Profile
So sad to read this 😢 I'm such a big fan of this project. Hope it is in fact a temporary issue... Thanks for the great work anyways, I'll continue to enjoy it as long as we can.

2020-04-21, 01:30:00
Reply #11

Squall_tmo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really sad to hear it!
Many thanks for your work!

2020-05-12, 17:28:46
Reply #12

mattamizo

• Users
    • View Profile
is there any chance to download the last test version of corona for archicad? I know that i'ts on Alpha mode, but It would be nice to try it even in this stage.

2020-05-12, 18:07:15
Reply #13

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-05-22, 04:37:23
Reply #14

Ehabhd

• Active Users
  • Life is a good journey
    • View Profile