Author Topic: Chaos scatter randomization  (Read 389 times)

2024-03-27, 13:21:08

gabor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm using chaos scatter to populate large parking lots with cars. It's a simple spline scattering, with 250 cm distance between the cars. I have ca. 30 different car models.
The main problem is randomization. Sometimes i get 3-4 instances of the same cars next to each other. Or if there are only 25 items to place via the scatter, it doesn't takes 25 unique car models, instead mabe 10 and then I have of course multiple instances of the same models next to eachother.
Is there any way to force chaos scatter to take as many different models from the list as possible, to reduce repetation? Sure, I can change the random seed, but it creates then a different state, with other repeating cars. Frequeny is 1 for all instanced objects, except for one, the model for empty space, it has a fequency of 30 to have also empty space in the parking lot.
I also tried Forest Pack for this, but had similar results.
Thanks for any advice.

2024-03-27, 14:07:45
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is expected and that is how randomization algorithm works, there is not much you can do about it.

But you can do a simple trick - for the base color slot of all the vehicles, plug an extra CoronaMultiMap with, say, 3-4 different colors, randomized by instance. This way, even if the same model appears twice in a place, there is a much higher chance that the other instance will have a different color, thus making the randomization seem more random.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us