Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Feature Requests

HDRI control

(1/1)

CharlyRT:
Hi there, i want to know if theres a chance to have more control with HDRIs, in lister for example, right now the only way to control it is with the CoronaBitmap parameters, for me its really anoying having the material editor opened just to control the light, sometimes i prefer to use CoronaSun in one camera and for others i want to use an HDR.

I could use some wire parameter to turn off intensity or something, but its not practical, i loved the "transfer from object" option in the Corona Bitmap, so i can link any object in the scene to control the direction of my HDR like in Vray.

In Vray, HDRIs are connected to VrayDome, so if I want to use a vraysun, I just turn off the dome in lightlister, but in Corona we dont have that kind of practical management.

I think there are some scripts that can control all aspects of an HDRI but the ones that i know are not free.

Right now the only way that ocurres to me is using LightMix, but  is not the way that i want to use because it consumes lot of RAM.

marchik:

--- Quote from: RTstudio on 2023-06-01, 01:33:31 ---Hi there, i want to know if theres a chance to have more control with HDRIs, in lister for example, right now the only way to control it is with the CoronaBitmap parameters, for me its really anoying having the material editor opened just to control the light, sometimes i prefer to use CoronaSun in one camera and for others i want to use an HDR.

I could use some wire parameter to turn off intensity or something, but its not practical, i loved the "transfer from object" option in the Corona Bitmap, so i can link any object in the scene to control the direction of my HDR like in Vray.

In Vray, HDRIs are connected to VrayDome, so if I want to use a vraysun, I just turn off the dome in lightlister, but in Corona we dont have that kind of practical management.

I think there are some scripts that can control all aspects of an HDRI but the ones that i know are not free.

Right now the only way that ocurres to me is using LightMix, but  is not the way that i want to use because it consumes lot of RAM.

--- End quote ---

I use CoronaSelect map, adding sky and necessary hdri maps to it and then switch using a script that my friend wrote specifically for this purpose)

CharlyRT:
Yeah thats what I was using too but only to switch into different HDRs or sky, but even with that you need to open material editor and switch them back, it could be helpful to have access into the Lister.

RecentSpacesSam:
Piggybacking off of this, when using light lister with multiple environments it would be super helpful to have environments as a radio button instead of checkboxes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version