Author Topic: [RESOLVED] ACES OT Settings ignored by Teamrender Server  (Read 1599 times)

2023-02-09, 08:46:40

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good Morning!

Since the ACES OT setting was implemented in CR9 we have a problem with our renderfarm. The Renderserver seems to render with ACES OT always on. Even when we uncheck it in the VFB, Camera Tag, etc.
We have one Computer, running cinema's team render Server and two computers running the teamrender clients. All of them are running under windows with the latest cinema/corona Versions.
I'll attach a comparison image and also the cinema project for your convenience (Maybe change the light material to another HDR file, sincethe one i used is too big for upload ;) ). Just render it locally and on a farm. ACES OT should be switched off.

Greetings,
Moritz
« Last Edit: 2023-07-17, 11:11:58 by Beanzvision »

2023-02-09, 14:51:00
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
What happens if you delete the ACES OT operator? (Not saying the situation you report shouldn't be investigated, just wondering if this provides a workaround for now).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-02-09, 15:22:44
Reply #2

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah, just as i posted this, i thought about that.
I'll test it and let you know.

2023-02-09, 15:34:22
Reply #3

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
What happens if you delete the ACES OT operator? (Not saying the situation you report shouldn't be investigated, just wondering if this provides a workaround for now).

Yep, you where right. If the whole operator is deleted it works. But you have to delete it in the corona vfb to really delete it. If you just delete it in the rendersettings and you a corona camera tag it is still there.
So i opened the corona vfb, deleted the operator there and then it was also gone in the camera tag's settings.

I recognized that this maybe fixed in the newest CR10 daily:

"- Fixed problem with tone mapping from camera not being applied when rendering via Render Server"

Unfortunatly since i am employed in a bigger company, its not so easy to test as before where i was the CGI one man show in my old company ;)

Greetings,
Moritz

2023-02-09, 16:11:51
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Totally understood on not being able to test! (If it helps, you can install more than one version, so you can keep the last current official version and still test out the latest daily build - just don't save a production scene from the latest daily build of course, as then it may not load in the last official version). And glad there is at least a solution for now so you can bypass the problem with Corona 9 or earlier!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-07-14, 07:22:59
Reply #5

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Tom,

just tested this with corona 10 locally and on our farm. Seems like everything works fine now.

Thanks to you all for your great support, I really appreciate this!

Have a nice Weekend!