Author Topic: Teamrendering Animations Physical Renderer vs. Corona  (Read 1869 times)

2019-04-16, 12:07:59

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

since I'm rendering an Animation with teamrender right now, I recognized something: Let's say I have 100 Frames and 10 Renderclients rendering. Let's also pretend that some of the clients are faster than others. If I'm not mistaken, in Physical/Standard-Renderer the frames are equally distributed to all the clients (in this case 10 Frames per Client). But if one Client is faster than another, the faster client would grab a part of the slower client's frame-cue and render them after finishing it's own cue.

With Teamrender and Corona this is not the case. Every client renders it's cue and then stops and does not grab cued frames from slower clients.

I'm not 100% sure if Physical/Standard-Renderer behaves that way, but i thought I've seen this behaviour in the past.

Maybe someone can confirm/deny that?

And if that's the case my question would be: Why doesn't behave that way and would it be possible for you to change that?

I hope my post is not too confusing ;)

Greetings,
Moritz

Edit:

Full-speed non-debug version
Build timestamp: Jan 18 2019 17:59:03
Version: 3 hotfix 1 (core 3)
Cinema version: CINEMA 4D Studio R20.059 S
« Last Edit: 2019-04-16, 12:15:52 by HFPatzi »

2019-04-16, 14:54:07
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Unrelated, but I'd suggest installing Hotfix 2 - there were no changes other than fixing an occasional but important bug with NaNs (black pixels). That makes it safe to install, as it won't change anything in any existing scenes, but important to avoid the possibility of the bug.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-04-16, 14:55:58
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
On a related note, the latest daily has some changes to Team Render, and it would be great if you could test whether it makes any difference to your situation. The new Arbitrated mode should stop render nodes losing connection, and help prevent some slowdown that could see a TR job take as long as when rendering it on a local machine (further improvements to come on the latter).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-04-16, 16:06:37
Reply #3

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi Moritz,

I understand clearly what you're saying. The distribution among multiple clients is done by C4D for us in the Team Render, so I doubt this will be different.

2019-04-17, 13:24:00
Reply #4

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Cestmir,

thanks for your answer. as i said, i wasn't 100% sure that my statement considering Pyhysical renderer was correct. If i got the time i'll do a little test, but what you're saying sounds completely logical :)

Greetings,
Moritz

2019-04-24, 13:38:06
Reply #5

HFPatzi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ok, scratch that thread! I just checked. New frames from other clients are beeing assigned after the first assigned frames are rendered.

Sorry for bothering you!

Greetings,
Moritz