Author Topic: Corona renderer 11 IR frame buffer scale  (Read 377 times)

2023-12-11, 20:18:39

Jacolath

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Strange one here. When I first started doing interactive rendering after having installed Corona 11 the renders looked blurry. I realized then that the pixels stated above look very little for the size of the window on my 4k monitor. Teh window looks double the size of what those pixels should look like. Enlarged.
2 of my monitors are 4K and I have the scale of those set to 150% (recommended).
Funny thing is when I render with production renderer and set to 1500 pixels it works fine and as expected. When I enable the interactive renderer in that same window the window stays the same size but the render pixels state 749pixels and the image is obviously blurry. (still says 1:1 in the brackets) Is this a new setting or something that I am missing?

edit: I reverted back to Corona 11 daily build (10-25) because it was crashing on render (every time at pass 7) and it has done that with other scenes previously. The frame buffer scale issue is also now fixed. The second time I reverted back and both times it fixed those issues.

« Last Edit: 2023-12-11, 20:47:22 by Jacolath »

2023-12-11, 22:00:16
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Go to render setup>system tab, press system settings and look for image upscaling factor in the new window, make sure that it's set to 1,0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-12-12, 13:26:19
Reply #2

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
When updating Corona versions it really should respect the previous system settings, or at least give you the option to Retain or do a "Clean" install. This is one such setting that we always forget to put back to 1.0, as one example.

And at any rate, Corona should really be defaulting IR scaling to 1.0 and not 2.0 anyway. Anything that results in lower quality (blurry IR) surely should never be the default. Give users the option to increase this to 2.0 or whatever they want if they have slow IR with their system. But we have requested this many times over the years so... :)
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2023-12-15, 16:21:24
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
We have it reported - Provide a way to keep the Corona system settings unchanged when reinstalling or updating to a newer version of Corona - (Internal ID=1006507900)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us