Author Topic: CIE - a few requests  (Read 1920 times)

2020-10-15, 21:03:51

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I couldn't find the original CIE request thread, it's been probably moved, so here are a few things I have already requested in the past hoping they could make it in at some point.

1. Better post denoising options
- With 'Gather data for later ' we can include the data needed for either AI or Corona denoisers. If possible, please add an options to include all options (AI and Corona), so we can decide which one is best later in post.
- Sometimes a denoiser set to 0.5 is all I need - but I still may have some fireflies. Right now, I can only either denoiser OR remove fireflies. Please make fireflies removal an extra option, so it can be accessed and used in addition to the denoiser.

2. TIF + Alpha should keep pixels outside of alpha
Currently, including alpha in a TIF will remove all pixel information outside of alpha. It forces us to save two files, one without alpha and another with alpha, if you want to use the TIF and alpha in PS for example. Please improve this by making sure TIFs with alpha have all pixels preserved.

3. Include Scene Stats in CXR
I would really love to be able to see the render time, camera name, cache type, noise level etc. All this info is not kept in the CXR but it would be sometimes very useful to have this data stored along with it. I know we can currently include the Render Stamp but it needs some manual setup for some of the info first. Would be much better if it was saved with the file.

Thank you guys, as always - you rock!

2020-10-16, 17:26:47
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Thanks for the suggestions. We will check if those things aren't already reported, and will report the new ones.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-19, 17:28:56
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here we go...

1. Gather data for Corona HQ and AI denoisers - Internal ID 580834374

2. Remove fireflies+denoising - Internal ID 580840936

3. TIF alpha - let me guess, you are using Photoshop? ;) Believe it or not, but all the data are there. It is just up to the 2D editor to read it. I tried it in Fusion and it worked fine.

4. Stats tab in CIE - internal ID 296114895

Next time, one request per one forum thread, pretty please.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-10-19, 22:44:56
Reply #3

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Photoshop sucks! Still, can't you do anything about it? Make it 'wrong' so PS gets it in 'correctly'? Then again, I should try opening the cxr, maybe alpha is coming through and the current way is good enough. Will try.

As for one request per thread - duly noted!

Thanks!

2020-10-21, 14:56:40
Reply #4

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
edit: made a separate post
« Last Edit: 2020-10-27, 18:29:16 by johan belmans »