Author Topic: Once more report about scatter (crash with splines)  (Read 2191 times)

2013-12-03, 17:53:15

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
My goal was to add scattered plants without showing the base object. Plants need to be on a line.

Max crashed when I tried to choose open shape as distribution object. You may add open shape to another distribution objects - no crash, but when you remove other objects and there is only open shape remains in the list - crrrrrash!  If the shape is visible in viewport (even not in render) - it's calculated and not visible, so it was OK for me.

Shape as scatter object is OK, but it becomes to be visible even without "V" in visibility. It's strange, but who needs invisible shapes in render?! ;) Only for bug reports...

2013-12-28, 01:19:29
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
- What version of 3dsmax do you use?

- Can you post an example scene with the shape and scatter ready? I am unable to reproduce this in Alpha v5 + 3dsmax 2014
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-12-31, 19:33:25
Reply #2

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
Sorry, didn't see your reply before.
Max is 2012 - 64 bit. Official version, not cracked.
Windows 8.
Corona - alpha 5.
I checked this on different computers with same result.

If it's happened only in this version of Max and if you need more tests in Max 2012, just tell me which tests.

Regards, Alex.

2014-01-04, 19:09:42
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
ok, thanks for better description. With this I was able to reproduce it in A5, but not in the daily builds, which means that I've already fixed it
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)