Author Topic: Real World Map Size  (Read 10137 times)

2013-11-27, 11:29:12

klyde

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I use Real World Map Size option in 3dsmax, but I do not know how to make Corona materials show it correctly in material editor. So if there is no such option, I would be glad if it will appear.

2013-11-27, 12:06:45
Reply #1

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Can you elaborate on what the option should do? I am not sure what it is for and what is the expected result ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-11-27, 16:49:01
Reply #2

klyde

• Active Users
    • View Profile
basicly necessary add RWMS Mapping to Material sample shperes side by side with usual UV Maping.

Here is the difference.

2013-11-28, 17:03:41
Reply #3

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
Same problem. I tried to explain it here http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,1992.0.html

I don't understand in programming so it's may be funny for you. But if you see "v" near world-scale, may be it is possible to show in material slots bitmap 1x1 unit anyway?
1x1 unit material same for both kinds of mapping.

Let's say my diffuse bitmap AxB units. And Bump for example CxD.
So in materials slot I'll see diffuse 1x1, bump C/A x D/B and so on...

In case that we need only color for diffuse but have the maps in another slots, so A=C, B=D.
Something like this....

Sorry for my rich english :(
« Last Edit: 2013-11-28, 17:07:50 by astudio »

2013-11-29, 09:24:30
Reply #4

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
In Options for standard max material editor there are the options to Auto-select material texture size or Use real-world map size. In Corona this options are not working. Is it possible to turn them on?

2013-12-05, 13:56:13
Reply #5

LKEdesign

• Active Users
  • I'm addicted to Corona Render and I need NO cure.
    • View Profile
    • LKE Design Web-site
isn't it just to make a global scale factor for setting the sample sphere when maps are set to Real World Map Size units  in the general setup aside with the quality setting for the sample sphere. in other words you set a size the sphere should represent globally when maps are set to RWMSU.

If maps are set to use RWMSU  then the sphere is set to show it in fx 2m x 2m (the setting set in the general setup.

The problem might be that you must handle the procedual maps so they follow the same scale relatively - but I suppose its the same problem you meet when you render it in the scene.
All the best,
LKE Design
See my work at: http://www.lkedesign.dk/en/portfolio_en.html

2013-12-06, 02:13:44
Reply #6

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
I never do that, but theoretically you may use world-scale map and usual map in same material with other channel IDs. Really problem. But today I make my materials as a blind, only by parameters.

2014-01-06, 14:36:21
Reply #7

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
fixed
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-01-06, 17:53:22
Reply #8

astudio

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • A-Studio
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2014-01-07, 15:54:02
Reply #9

klyde

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Brilliantly, waiting for alpha 6!