Author Topic: Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 17126 times)

2023-07-10, 13:46:38

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Chaos Corona 11 for 3ds Max Daily Builds Discussion

You can grab the latest build from: Daily Builds Changelog
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2023-07-18, 22:54:08
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
All the feature request discussion was moved to appropriate topic. Please leave this topic for discussions about actual daily builds.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2023-08-17, 10:14:01
Reply #2

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Apologies as I haven't actually tested this in Corona 11, but something that really really bugs me, and I'm sure others is the usability of the new color correct multi-input.

When I have the default output plugged in and I change the number of additional outputs it disconnects the existing wire connected from the default ouput.

Can this please be fixed? Many thanks.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2023-08-17, 13:09:54
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Apologies as I haven't actually tested this in Corona 11, but something that really really bugs me, and I'm sure others is the usability of the new color correct multi-input.

When I have the default output plugged in and I change the number of additional outputs it disconnects the existing wire connected from the default ouput.

Can this please be fixed? Many thanks.

Hi,

This is reported now. Please note, that this is purely visual - the Default output is actually connected and the render does not change. The "solution" for now is to plug the default output to the same (and/or other) slots and after that the decrease/increase of the additional outputs is correctly displayed in the material editor.
Note also, that when IR is running, the additional outputs changes are not updated. They will be correctly displayed only after rendering is stopped and the additional outputs number is changed - this is also reported.

(Internal ID=1185120894)
(Internal ID=1185122361)
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-08-17, 14:27:07
Reply #4

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Note also, that when IR is running, the additional outputs changes are not updated. They will be correctly displayed only after rendering is stopped and the additional outputs number is changed - this is also reported.

Oh wow. This explains a lot! Good to know, I was not aware of this until now.

Thanks.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2023-09-07, 13:28:22
Reply #5

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Will we be seeing chaos cloud integration pop up in any near future versions?

2023-09-07, 13:53:39
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No immediate plans for Chaos Cloud, nothing decided upon for longer term plans either at the moment, sorry.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2023-09-08, 14:16:18
Reply #7

cgrobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
After testing the new Intel GPU denoiser with the latest build, I've noticed that the image is being continuoisly denoised only when interactive rendering is running. If I actually render the image, denoising is not being applied while the image is rendering but is only applied after the rendering is stopped. With Nvidia Optix, the image will get continuoisly denoised while the rendering is running (doesn't need to be stopped).

So when using Intel OIDN how come the image not being continuoisly denoised in production rendering, the way it is being continuoisly denoised in interactive rendering?

2023-09-08, 14:20:46
Reply #8

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I think it's because in IR Corona is using Nvidia Optix, which is real-time denoiser and in production render it uses whichever denoiser that user selects.

2023-09-08, 14:31:24
Reply #9

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
After testing the new Intel GPU denoiser with the latest build, I've noticed that the image is being continuoisly denoised only when interactive rendering is running. If I actually render the image, denoising is not being applied while the image is rendering but is only applied after the rendering is stopped. With Nvidia Optix, the image will get continuoisly denoised while the rendering is running (doesn't need to be stopped).

So when using Intel OIDN how come the image not being continuoisly denoised in production rendering, the way it is being continuoisly denoised in interactive rendering?
The Intel GPU denoiser doesn't currently support IR. We are investigating if it is fast enough for it.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-09-08, 14:47:30
Reply #10

cgrobo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-09-08, 14:50:26
Reply #11

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I will subspecify what would be fantastic for Intel DenoiserGPU, to continuosly apply in BOTH regular rendering and IR. Since it's always running off GPU, when selected, there should option for it always be available.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2023-09-08, 14:52:55
Reply #12

Vlad_the_rant

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Vladimir
    • View Profile
I can't help wondering how the Intel denoiser is fast enough for it to work in IR in vray but not Corona... different approach to CPU usage perhaps?
Don't get me wrong - I'm fully against denoisers I can't switch on or off at will during IR (rather not have a denoiser during IR at all than not be able to turn it off without restarting IR, like with Optix. Incidentally, also something Vray can and Corona can't do).
Just curious...

2023-09-08, 14:55:51
Reply #13

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Yeah it really should be a button for it in VFB, I mean technically there is on/off button in VFB but it doesn't do what it "should".
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models

2023-09-08, 15:13:14
Reply #14

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yeah it really should be a button for it in VFB, I mean technically there is on/off button in VFB but it doesn't do what it "should".

How come? I think denoise checker in the VFB does exactly what it should, it's just it would be nice if it would work with IR also.

2023-09-08, 15:36:51
Reply #15

hurrycat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I guess we would have to define what "should do" means to everyone. Certainly, it works for its intended purpose.

But having a toggle for real-time denoising in Render Setup and having a checkbox for denoising in the VFB while in IR (albeit grayed-out) with no connection between them is a missed opportunity. Having to go into Reder Setup while in IR to enable/disable it is a task that can take more than 10 seconds, with 3ds Max lagging and all.

So for me also, it "should" turn real-time denoising on/off, in addition to Hiqh-quality denoising for final images.

2023-09-08, 16:34:49
Reply #16

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
We have a longer term plan to revisit the UI and access to denoising, now that there are more options than there used to be (originally it was just 2 :) ). But that won't be in 11. For now we just want to make sure everyone has access to the newest Intel denoiser, even if the UI and access isn't streamlined for all the choices that are there these days.

2023-09-08, 20:02:33
Reply #17

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

But having a toggle for real-time denoising in Render Setup and having a checkbox for denoising in the VFB while in IR (albeit grayed-out) with no connection between them is a missed opportunity. Having to go into Reder Setup while in IR to enable/disable it is a task that can take more than 10 seconds, with 3ds Max lagging and all.

So for me also, it "should" turn real-time denoising on/off, in addition to Hiqh-quality denoising for final images.

for this reason, I recently asked my friend to make me a script to add a button to the toolbar to toggle the interactive denoiser :D
I don't think anyone will be offended if I attach it

2023-09-23, 15:36:04
Reply #18

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
For me the roughness modulation mode doesn't work with a regular 3ds Max Noise map, the None mode works as expected, but the modulation only works with regular bitmaps, is this how it's supposed to work? (see the attachment)

2023-09-25, 11:00:45
Reply #19

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
For me the roughness modulation mode doesn't work with a regular 3ds Max Noise map, the None mode works as expected, but the modulation only works with regular bitmaps, is this how it's supposed to work? (see the attachment)

Yes, this is expected. Corona does not have any control over 3ds Max maps, only over textures loaded through CoronaBitmap.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-09-25, 12:36:33
Reply #20

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, this is expected. Corona does not have any control over 3ds Max maps, only over textures loaded through CoronaBitmap.

in this case, I don’t understand why the filtering disable mode worked with noise if Corona has no control over it :D

PS I remember that in the original video about bump to roughess technology its effect on anisotropy was mentioned, tell me, is this not relevant in our implementation?

2023-09-25, 14:51:04
Reply #21

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
in this case, I don’t understand why the filtering disable mode worked with noise if Corona has no control over it :D

I think disabling/enabling filtering is not the same as to change filtering method. It was possible to globally disable texmaps filtering in Corona since ages, it's just now you can do this per material (or per texture? i didn't have chance to try Corona 11 yet).

2023-09-25, 15:00:15
Reply #22

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Guys, please keep in mind that in the current build there is only an early version of this feature which only affects Corona Bitmaps and only works with Corona Physical and Corona Skin materials.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-09-26, 12:04:40
Reply #23

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks so much for fixing the forest pack crash on opening bug with that latest beta. Saved a massive headache we were having with humano people killing scenes.

2023-09-26, 13:05:42
Reply #24

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Thanks so much for fixing the forest pack crash on opening bug with that latest beta. Saved a massive headache we were having with humano people killing scenes.

Can you expand on this? I too use humano, but they are so so so heavy that I've moved to anima.

Are you saying that forest pack somehow helps with this? Or are you just referring to a specific bug?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2023-09-27, 15:58:07
Reply #25

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Can you expand on this? I too use humano, but they are so so so heavy that I've moved to anima.

Are you saying that forest pack somehow helps with this? Or are you just referring to a specific bug?

It was a bug it seems with how forestpack and corona interact when loading through some object materials causing a crash on load. For us it was with humano figures.

2023-09-27, 22:41:42
Reply #26

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hmm getting more crash on loads with some larger scenes in the loading corona assets phase with the latest beta. Quite possibly forestpack related again. Have rolled back to 10.1 for one scene (no humano people in that one) and that loads again. We have one PC that seems to be more sensitive to crashes, same spec and software versions and plugin versions but one PC loads some scenes the other cant and both crash on one particular scene. Very odd.

2023-09-28, 13:36:58
Reply #27

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hmm getting more crash on loads with some larger scenes in the loading corona assets phase with the latest beta. Quite possibly forestpack related again. Have rolled back to 10.1 for one scene (no humano people in that one) and that loads again. We have one PC that seems to be more sensitive to crashes, same spec and software versions and plugin versions but one PC loads some scenes the other cant and both crash on one particular scene. Very odd.

If possible, please share the problematic scene with us at https://support.chaos.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-10-09, 16:30:20
Reply #28

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'll try and archive the scene as its big so wil need to be overnight probably.

Here's a funny one. If I open the scene through Max with Arnold set as default like it is when Max opens, then corona crashes the file on opening after about 30 seconds. If I manually change the render engine in the blank opening scene to corona then try and open the file, the scene loads. Looks like corona or max isnt switching to the chosen render engine (corona) quickly enough in the load cycle? Its problematic when trying to render the scene with pulze render manager as I cant manually do that switch so it crashes shortly after starting. I could see if setting up the opening Max template, switched to corona helps, if the none GUI option even reads that? 

2023-10-11, 01:56:22
Reply #29

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, make the new corona tiles with the same input option that Corona triplanar: the aditional outputs. ITs so tedious to add diferent tiles for diffuse. glossines IOR and bump for each material that got tiles. thanks!

2023-10-11, 12:28:02
Reply #30

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Just noticed these Power Tools listed on the Trello...

VERY exciting, very cool. Hope they are able to replace a bunch of random plug-ins I currently use.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D

2023-10-11, 13:16:20
Reply #31

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, make the new corona tiles with the same input option that Corona triplanar: the aditional outputs. ITs so tedious to add diferent tiles for diffuse. glossines IOR and bump for each material that got tiles. thanks!

This is in the plan for the Tiles map, similar functionality of having different inputs and outputs (how many and what they are for is up to you), and then the tiling controls affecting all of those. (usual disclaimer, this is the plan, plans may change, development is never a certainty, etc. :) ).

2023-10-11, 13:49:30
Reply #32

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
and will we can avoid to use Berconmaps with the new corona tilemap? It will work in combination with coronamultimap to fill the tiles with diferents maps and randmize them his saturation gamma etc for each tile? will it have a gradient next to the grout like bercontile? its necessari to make bump greater or to simulate dirt at tile edges... Will it have a "centermap" option like Bercontile? it would be amazing.

Is a very spected feature because the tilemap of 3dsmax its not enought and the berconmaps dont work in some renderfarms.

Thanks!

2023-10-11, 15:27:23
Reply #33

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Berconmaps doesn't work on some PCs either, like mine, never mind just render farms :) The aim is to remove the need to use any other third party solution for creating tile maps, indeed, and because of that we've been considering what other solutions are out there, to ensure we match or exceed those. How close to that goal we get for all features in a first release, we will find out :)

2023-10-26, 07:10:28
Reply #34

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
not sure when this started happening, but one of the more recent dailes - when copying geometry from scene to scene, it doesnt copy the proxies properly (no file loaded).  I have to click on load and open the same path i save the proxy in and then it opens.  anyone experiencing this?

2023-10-26, 08:41:16
Reply #35

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
anyone experiencing this?

Yes, me, simply pressing "Reload from disk" works for the moment (if you mean merging into a scene by "copying").

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2023-10-27, 00:03:54
Reply #36

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yep thats what i mean - @corona devs, are you guys looking into this by any chance?

Yes, me, simply pressing "Reload from disk" works for the moment (if you mean merging into a scene by "copying").

Good Luck

2023-10-27, 02:33:51
Reply #37

lucidchris

• Users
    • View Profile

Good Luck

I'm having the same problem since the corona-11-3dsmax-daily-2023-10-03.exe build.
Yes you can press "Reload from Disk" but it can get a bit tricky when you are importing 100+ people proxies.

2023-10-27, 09:18:49
Reply #38

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
but it can get a bit tricky when you are importing 100+ people proxies.

I'm sure it will be fixed since even starting to render does not load the proxy - definitely a bug.

Good Luck

2023-10-27, 11:17:36
Reply #39

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
not sure when this started happening, but one of the more recent dailes - when copying geometry from scene to scene, it doesnt copy the proxies properly (no file loaded).  I have to click on load and open the same path i save the proxy in and then it opens.  anyone experiencing this?
Hi,

We'll look into it.

I'll let you know when there is some info.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-11, 01:53:17
Reply #40

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys latest daily - i dont see some materials transposed into cosmos (ie ceramics).

2023-11-11, 02:00:44
Reply #41

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey guys i got this error on the latest daily upon IR.

Also, for corona tile map, when you add a variation of the tile map for displacement, is it possible that it doesnt displace the grout?

Also, is there a way to creaat reflection/bump maps in a instance type of way so that you dont have to do them individually?  Because once you set up the diffuse tile map, if you want to create refelection and bump maps AND then want to change the diffuse parameters, then you have to manually change the reflection and bump parameters to be the exact same (ie if you change corner radius).

Scene Cleaner - froze one of my previous scenes after checking all elements.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-11, 02:47:33 by shortcirkuit »

2023-11-11, 09:41:03
Reply #42

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Also, is there a way to creaat reflection/bump maps in a instance type of way so that you dont have to do them individually?  Because once you set up the diffuse tile map, if you want to create refelection and bump maps AND then want to change the diffuse parameters, then you have to manually change the reflection and bump parameters to be the exact same (ie if you change corner radius).

Tiles has multiple inputs option like other Corona maps do.

2023-11-11, 12:30:21
Reply #43

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
hey guys i got this error on the latest daily upon IR.

Same here. Should i try to update GPU drivers, or maybe Corona team forgot to package needed dll in the installer? Or maybe that's done deliberately, maybe devs trying to force us to switch and familiarize with real-time denoiser? :]

Anyway, i tried new Corona power tools and i have few comments to share.

Object replacer - this script is disregarding transforms other than translation of replaced objects. That's bad, i can't see much use for a tool that strips away all rotations and scaling. At very least preserving transforms should be presented as an option, ideally it should be set as  default.

Transform randomizer - pretty good, but i'd really like to see more options for axis locking. I find Soulburn's transform randomizer ideal in this regard (see attached image). I also like how Soulburn's script reseeds randomization with each press of a button, that lets you quickly press apply several times in a row and see how randomization progresses. Corona's approach with live preview and manual seed is also nice, but maybe there is a place for combination of both methods?

2023-11-11, 15:37:24
Reply #44

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
Should i try to update GPU drivers, or maybe Corona team forgot to package needed dll in the installer?

Looks like just a wrong additional "optix" directory (I haven't used the installer but if I extract the package, it's there as well). Go to

C:\Program Files\Corona\optix

and if there is another "optix" subdirectory, copy (or move) the dll in there one level higher.

Good Luck

2023-11-11, 19:47:58
Reply #45

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Awesome. Thank you Frood!

2023-11-13, 08:23:28
Reply #46

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey Devs whens the proxy loading issue going to be fixed?

2023-11-13, 16:25:02
Reply #47

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

It's been reproduced here, and we're looking into it. As usual, I can't give timescales but hopefully soon..

Cheers,

Rowan

(Internal ID=1249887090)
Send me your scene!

2023-11-14, 06:03:00
Reply #48

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Dev Team. Thanks for the new cool features like addition tools, I love them in added new tollbar but could you please remove them from quad menu.
If I remove it on quad, it always appears again and again
Thanks

2023-11-14, 09:48:10
Reply #49

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi Dev Team. Thanks for the new cool features like addition tools, I love them in added new tollbar but could you please remove them from quad menu.
Thanks

+1

BTW, speaking of Corona power tools, they are quite nice to have, but i would like to see some tools that are actually related to Corona, like tool that would insert mapping randomizer or triplanar nodes to selected material. Lately i'm adding mapping randomizer to most of my materials and it start to feel quite tedious task after some time, especially since introduction of multiple inputs.

2023-11-14, 16:07:46
Reply #50

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Thanks

+1

BTW, speaking of Corona power tools, they are quite nice to have, but i would like to see some tools that are actually related to Corona, like tool that would insert mapping randomizer or triplanar nodes to selected material. Lately i'm adding mapping randomizer to most of my materials and it start to feel quite tedious task after some time, especially since introduction of multiple inputs.

+1 & +1 :) don't need more quad menu clutter and having a function in "corona converter" to add UVrandom with some predefined basic param like UV -100 +100 and randomize tile would be so nice! I hate having to connect all nodes constantly ;)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2023-11-14, 17:37:20
Reply #51

marchik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks

+1

Here! This is exactly what I've been talking about recently. all these tools are super useful but when you are doing a large project and all 40-50 materials must have Corona triplanar and CoronaMappingRandomizer for each channel it becomes very cumbersome and inconvenient. I would really like these uv-related features to be either built into the corona bitmap with the possibility of batch editing, or there would simply be a separate script/tool where you can add all this to the existing, already configured material for each channel through multiple outputs.

2023-11-14, 17:50:03
Reply #52

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
...i would like to see some tools that are actually related to Corona, like tool that would insert mapping randomizer or triplanar nodes to selected material. Lately i'm adding mapping randomizer to most of my materials and it start to feel quite tedious task after some time, especially since introduction of multiple inputs.

Can you show me some screenshots of your workflow, some screenshots/examples of what you expect or currently doing to your materials? I might have a play with it if I get some time so knowing exactly the expected output would be useful to see.

2023-11-14, 23:42:27
Reply #53

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hi James,

I imagine the script could work something like in attached gif. It doesn't have to be very smart, simply checking if selected object has assigned Corona physical, or legacy material and then insert randomizer, or triplanar between material and already existing maps. In case of randomizer, the script should perform additional check and see if there's triplanar existing in the shader tree, in that case, it should insert randomizer after the triplanar. I think that would cover majority of use cases.

2023-11-15, 19:14:45
Reply #54

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
That would be amazing. Do you guys also have the visual bug when using multi-input and changing the amount of inputs it "vanishes" the existing (or first, don't remember) connection? All is still connected but the connection is invisible. Max2023 still

2023-11-15, 19:48:34
Reply #55

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Do you guys also have the visual bug when using multi-input and changing the amount of inputs it "vanishes" the existing (or first, don't remember) connection? All is still connected but the connection is invisible. Max2023 still

Yes, happening here all the time. I though it was because of unpolished new slate editor in Max 2024.

2023-11-15, 20:24:59
Reply #56

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

This is fixed in RC1. Please try it out and let me know if you still have any issues.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-15, 20:25:41
Reply #57

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
That would be amazing. Do you guys also have the visual bug when using multi-input and changing the amount of inputs it "vanishes" the existing (or first, don't remember) connection? All is still connected but the connection is invisible. Max2023 still
Hi,

This appears to be a 3ds max issue, I will send a report over to Autodesk.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-16, 00:25:15
Reply #58

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have just installed corona 11 rc1 and opened a scene created with corona 10 HF2, and when I hit corona liister button, 3dsmax gets a fatal error.

2023-11-16, 02:41:59
Reply #59

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona RC1 - is it me or can you no longer change the colors in RAWA FAKE?  it stays grey.

Actually, its happening to all colors that i want to change in the material editor.... somethings broke.  switching to the default color picker fixes this.
« Last Edit: 2023-11-16, 02:51:47 by shortcirkuit »

2023-11-16, 10:19:22
Reply #60

James Vella

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I imagine the script could work something like in attached gif. It doesn't have to be very smart, simply checking if selected object has assigned Corona physical, or legacy material and then insert randomizer, or triplanar between material and already existing maps. In case of randomizer, the script should perform additional check and see if there's triplanar existing in the shader tree, in that case, it should insert randomizer after the triplanar. I think that would cover majority of use cases.

Hey romullus, you can give the script a whirl, available here.

Let me know if you encounter bugs/crashes etc. Currently its built for new materials that dont have a CoronaMappingRandomizer, if you have one it will add another. Might look at that at a later stage.

2023-11-16, 10:23:16
Reply #61

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have just installed corona 11 rc1 and opened a scene created with corona 10 HF2, and when I hit corona liister button, 3dsmax gets a fatal error.
Hi,

Can you share the scene with us? We have already had a similar report and are working on a fix, so it would be nice to be able to test your scene too.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-16, 10:27:58
Reply #62

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hey romullus, you can give the script a whirl, available here.

Let me know if you encounter bugs/crashes etc. Currently its built for new materials that dont have a CoronaMappingRandomizer, if you have one it will add another. Might look at that at a later stage.

Wow, many thanks, i will definitely give it a try soon!

2023-11-16, 12:19:35
Reply #63

Avi

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona RC1 - is it me or can you no longer change the colors in RAWA FAKE?  it stays grey.

Actually, its happening to all colors that i want to change in the material editor.... somethings broke.  switching to the default color picker fixes this.

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end. Is it possible for you to record a quick video and share it with us? Also, can you try re-installing it to see if it fixes your issue?
Arpit Pandey | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Specialist - Corona | contact us

2023-11-16, 12:53:17
Reply #64

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I forgot to mention... i had just installed max 2024.2... i assume that is the culprit

I am unable to reproduce this issue on my end. Is it possible for you to record a quick video and share it with us? Also, can you try re-installing it to see if it fixes your issue?

2023-11-16, 14:42:44
Reply #65

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sent!
Submission ID# 3V63-8652

Hi,

Can you share the scene with us? We have already had a similar report and are working on a fix, so it would be nice to be able to test your scene too.

Thanks,

Rowan

2023-11-16, 16:56:54
Reply #66

Tanakov

• Active Users
  • Corona is faster than diarrhea
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/Gringott
Hello I have a few questions about some of the maps added in Corona 11 and general questions that bother me for a while.

CoronaEdgeMap how does it really work? I can see that it's some mix curve and wire map.
But why does this map lack some opacity options like most similar maps?

Is there any plan to add consistency in the naming of the effect I'm asking about?

CoronaRound edges has Radius
CoronaAO has AO Distance
CoronaCurve has MaxDistance
CoronaDistnance has a Distance Scale

Hope that this is not too silly to ask, have a nice day.

Kind regards,
Using Corona since 2014-01-02
https://www.behance.net/Gringott

2023-11-16, 19:26:24
Reply #67

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
"But why does this map lack some opacity options like most similar maps?"
Not sure what this means, can you explain in more detail? The Edge map itself is just meant to generate the gradient, what you do with that gradient (add it to opacity, use it to blend between materials, use it to change the Diffuse color, etc.) is then up to you.

2023-11-16, 19:30:21
Reply #68

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Didn't happen to me here. For me:
- Had Max installed, but had recently had to delete the ENU preferences folder as it had got tangled up somehow. This had reset me to the default color picker.
- Had RC1 installed.
- Updated Max to 2024.2
- Rawa Fake color could be changed, using Default Color Picker
- Changed preferences in Max to Advanced Color Picker, still could change the Rawa Fake color.

Just in case the order of events makes a difference :) Based on the above, once you try the Default Picker and it works, does it work changing back to Advanced or does it break again for you once back to Advanced Picker?

2023-11-17, 00:42:40
Reply #69

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"But why does this map lack some opacity options like most similar maps?"
Not sure what this means, can you explain in more detail? The Edge map itself is just meant to generate the gradient, what you do with that gradient (add it to opacity, use it to blend between materials, use it to change the Diffuse color, etc.) is then up to you.

So I call it Opacity, but that is the radius, distance max, AO distance, distance etc.

2023-11-17, 10:02:54
Reply #70

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
So I call it Opacity, but that is the radius, distance max, AO distance, distance etc.

+1

Distance scale is really needed for such map.

2023-11-17, 13:33:38
Reply #71

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It has the near and far distance parameters, which would handle that - so I am thinking you mean having one or both of those as node inputs to allow them to be mapped? As the other maps have those as inputs you can connect things to?

2023-11-17, 16:12:18
Reply #72

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Annnnd while using the advanced editor was working for me yesterday after the steps below, today it no longer works, just as described in the original report. Does seem related to the latest update in Max, and we are looking into it and can now reproduce it. I've also answered my own question, swapping to default and back to advanced color picker doesn't make the advanced work again ;)

- Had Max installed, but had recently had to delete the ENU preferences folder as it had got tangled up somehow. This had reset me to the default color picker.
- Had RC1 installed.
- Updated Max to 2024.2
- Changed preferences in Max to Advanced Color Picker, still could change the Rawa Fake color.

Just in case the order of events makes a difference :) Based on the above, once you try the Default Picker and it works, does it work changing back to Advanced or does it break again for you once back to Advanced Picker?

2023-11-17, 23:06:50
Reply #73

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i thought i was going crazy :)
Annnnd while using the advanced editor was working for me yesterday after the steps below, today it no longer works, just as described in the original report. Does seem related to the latest update in Max, and we are looking into it and can now reproduce it. I've also answered my own question, swapping to default and back to advanced color picker doesn't make the advanced work again ;)

- Had RC1 installed.
- Updated Max to 2024.2

2023-11-18, 00:06:35
Reply #74

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
It has the near and far distance parameters, which would handle that - so I am thinking you mean having one or both of those as node inputs to allow them to be mapped? As the other maps have those as inputs you can connect things to?

Here's simple example. We want to be able to achieve the same result with edge map as we can with Corona distance.

2023-11-20, 13:27:52
Reply #75

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Sent!
Submission ID# 3V63-8652

Hi,

Thanks,

Rowan

Thanks, our fix does indeed work. This will be included in RC2.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-20, 15:21:13
Reply #76

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2023-11-20, 19:35:06
Reply #77

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, just installed RC2... the problem is still here
Please, remove it from quad menu by defaults :)

Thanks

2023-11-21, 08:47:24
Reply #78

Quest

• Users
    • View Profile
It was even in 10 version, you just can't delete default quad corona options

2023-11-21, 09:55:20
Reply #79

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Are you sure that's default menus? I have never seen Corona entries in my top left quadrant.

2023-11-21, 14:58:40
Reply #80

Quest

• Users
    • View Profile
Are you sure that's default menus? I have never seen Corona entries in my top left quadrant.

No matter where, options that corona add by default you can't delete, after restart max it appears again

2023-11-21, 15:03:17
Reply #81

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

No matter where, options that corona add by default you can't delete, after restart max it appears again
Which version of 3ds Max are you using?

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2023-11-21, 17:31:07
Reply #82

n2graf

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A suggestion: its possible to put selection randomizer as an option inside transform randomizer toolbox? like one more at list like translation +rotation + scaling + selection, changing the XYZ by the count and percent options. This is to get all randomizers at same toolbox and improve the workflow, and to have fewer tools to select on the toolbar

2023-11-21, 17:57:44
Reply #83

CharlyRT

• Active Users
    • View Profile

this is something I ask for too and no one could get me a clear response, i have tested on Max 2021-2024 with Corona 9-11 RC2 and still remain

https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=39978.msg216240#msg216240
« Last Edit: 2023-11-21, 18:03:21 by RTstudio »

2023-11-22, 22:40:39
Reply #84

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Here's simple example. We want to be able to achieve the same result with edge map as we can with Corona distance.

That is exactly what I tried to say, thank you.

2023-11-23, 00:04:19
Reply #85

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
cant seem to download and apply this material using cosmos
Plain White Sheer 3068925 20cm

2023-11-23, 13:05:02
Reply #86

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
cant seem to download and apply this material using cosmos
Plain White Sheer 3068925 20cm

Reproduced here, I'll forward it to the devs
Send me your scene!

2023-11-23, 15:13:26
Reply #87

Tanakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, can someone walk me through the proper use of CoronaEdgeMap? Asking for a friend

2023-11-23, 16:19:52
Reply #88

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. It's not only "Plain White Sheer 3068925 20cm" that can't be applied. It seems to be ALL "Sheer" materials - at least the new ones.

2023-11-23, 16:50:07
Reply #89

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, can someone walk me through the proper use of CoronaEdgeMap? Asking for a friend

Apply it to any 2D (ie non-enclosed geometry) object, and then it works much like AO or RoundEdges do for enclosed geometry. Full tutorials etc. will of course be out after the release.

2023-11-27, 10:54:34
Reply #90

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi. It's not only "Plain White Sheer 3068925 20cm" that can't be applied. It seems to be ALL "Sheer" materials - at least the new ones.
Hi,

We have found the issue with these materials and are working on a fix for it. Unfortunately, the fix most likely won't make it into v11.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!