Author Topic: shadow catcher + depth of field ?  (Read 443 times)

2023-02-20, 13:58:22

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello,

i wanted to use a 360degree environnement with shadowcatcher for the floor. Is it possible to somehow make it work with a depth of field set up with a camera so that the depth also works with the environnement, and not just the central object?

thanks!

2023-02-21, 14:32:32
Reply #1

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

How exactly are you using the 360 environment? How is your scene setup? Please attach some screenshots or a simple scene to understand it better.

By default, the environment is set to be a 10000cm radius sphere around the scene origin (Developmental and Experimental rollout in Render Settings > Performance), and the depth of field works for this - the environment is blurred just like an object 10000cm far from origin.

You can use the environment with "Dome mapping" and set a custom radius for it, to change the distance from camera and effectively blurring.
Shadowcatcher work just fine too, I have tested it.
As a note, lowering the F-Stop value will increase the depth of field effect.

If you want to use Depth of with a Spherical 360 projection camera, that is not supported.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us

2023-02-24, 09:31:21
Reply #2

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
indeed with Dome mapping it works, but in spherical, i didn't notice any changed in the depth blur while changing the env radius in the dev settings

2023-02-24, 11:59:11
Reply #3

Aram Avetisyan

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
It is all value dependent. You can set low F-Stop values and see the DOF for environment increasing.
I think Dome mapping will be the more convenient thing to use in your case.
Aram Avetisyan | chaos-corona.com
Chaos Corona Support Representative | contact us