Author Topic: Detached House in CH  (Read 5401 times)

2016-05-14, 21:23:05

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there

This is my latest project for a local real estate agent, they sell those houses "en bloc".
I'd be glad to hear from you what you think of it.

3ds Max 16
Corona 1.4 RC6
VFB+ 2.7 beta (a blast!)
Visit boxel

2016-05-15, 22:07:30
Reply #1

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Glad to see you're putting it to good use :)

I really like the fog and ambiance of the forest in the background of the first one, great job.

2016-05-16, 09:32:44
Reply #2

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Rotem, I'm glad you like it.

I look forward to the finallized version of VFB+. What I like most about the plugin is that I can spare the whole PS step and I don't have to waste disk space for a 16bit or even 32bit exr. It really is a tailored solution for rendering, there's all you need. Nothing more, nothing less.
Visit boxel

2016-05-16, 09:33:51
Reply #3

Rotem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The final version is actually already online since yesterday, feel free to update.

2016-05-16, 09:35:30
Reply #4

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Ah, good to know!
Visit boxel

2016-05-16, 14:24:16
Reply #5

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
waste disk space for a 16bit or even 32bit exr.

:- ) It's interesting how it can be used differently. There definitely is an option to skip post-pro (and I sometimes do for previews now, so pleasant...). Super good plugin.

I still waste tons of disc space for example  :- D I render 32bit exr on Rebus, reimport back into VFB+ where I already have everything setup from previews (I can skip .exr if I render locally but most of the time on Rebus). I then export as 16bit tiff and create gigantic .PSB files where everything is on smart layers (even smart layers have smart layers inception style).

Did you use custom glare mask ?
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2016-05-16, 16:43:44
Reply #6

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Juraj

Okay I see, in your case it's still necessary. Well we use our own small render farm, so no need for exr.

Why are you still exporting as .PSD? Are you doing more postpro after VFB+?

Yes, I made it with Optical Flares, wanted to create sort of a natural Sun Glare and it works quite well as I find. I attach it here, feel free to use it.
Visit boxel

2016-05-16, 16:58:52
Reply #7

spadestick

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i feel that the glare is a tad too strong, overpowering the image.

The interior shot shallow depth of field needs to have the background trees and garden in sharp focus as well to make sense, otherwise it looks like a tilt-shift lens - toy model.

2016-05-16, 17:12:18
Reply #8

-Ben-Battler-

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i feel that the glare is a tad too strong, overpowering the image.

That's possible. Those spheres don't make much sense anyways, I just wanted some reason for glare in there because it's one of the new features in VFB+ 2.7 ;)

The interior shot shallow depth of field needs to have the background trees and garden in sharp focus as well to make sense, otherwise it looks like a tilt-shift lens - toy model.

Thanks for your feedback!

Well, the most important part in this render is the kitchen, so I wanted to focus on that. I did set a big aperture indeed with 1.4, but it's still plausible.
Visit boxel